SuperLift UCA $$

Z_Pilot

What's the going price for Superlift P\N 6065 Upper contril arms? :confused:

I thought that the going price was $150 to $180...

...you can't buy them directly from superlift.

Summit Racing has them for $265

The AC UCAs are a nono :nono: , correct?

The more and more I look at a lift, it seems that it is just as cheap to do a Calmini...it is complete. :unsure:

Z

rough country ucas are a good choice too. theyre between AC's (bad) and superlifts (best) in price. theyre about the same as the superlifts from what i here. i emailed them today asking for how much they are seperate from the kit. i'll get back to you and let you know the price

I think there was confusion on that one Filthy....I believe it was the AC ball joint spacers that ended up killing 88's UCA's. He ran them with stock UCA's and bent them all to crap.

OUt of curiosity, how long have you had them on?

ok, just called rough country, and the nissan ucas will cost $199 a set, so about the same as the ACs. the only thing that i have heard about the ucas is that the ACs are good, the Rough Countrys are better, and the Superlifts are best. i've heard that from a few people on these boards, and my ifs guy at 4 wheel parts

i got mine from rough country last summer too, paid 135 shipped to canada! Ive heard lotta good about AC's UCAs tho. I havent installed mine YET, but the only thing i dont like is that they didnt come with the 'mounting rods' and they are tubular so they 'LOOK' wimpy. But maybe tubular is better, i dont know. :shrug:

OOOUUUCCHH Australian prices suck.

Super Lift UCAs cost over $500 here, so think yourselves very lucky.

I have a few comments from installing my Superlift UCAs that might be worth noting for smooth operation and good wheel alignment.

1. I found sharp edges on the inner and outer ends of the large diameter tubes where the bushes fit on the upper link pin (or whatever it is called). These sharp edges were likely to cut through the flat end of the bush. I think the finish here was a bit poor for an expensive item. I used a sand paper type grinding wheel (or flap disk) in the electric drill to smooth out the edges. This has prolonged the bush life. Done over 100, 000km since.

2. The length of the "Crush Tubes" was not the same as the standard items that I had removed. This was only about 2mm on each but allowed the UCA to slide or float about 4 to 5 mm forward and back on the bushes. the result is that the wheel alignment caster could change as you brake, corner etc. I had to grind down the end of each tube by 2mm and measure that each was exactly the same.

3. The angle of the "Bump Stop" is not very good. It hits the rubber stop on the upper side and eventually tore off the rubber. Like Path88, I have now cut off the welded bit of square metal from the UCA tube and fitted polyurethane bump stops that directly contact the tube rather than the square bit. This gives far better wheel drop, but stresses the CV joints to the max.

4. the angle of the top ball joint mount is kicked up at a far greater angle than the standard Nissan UCA. This is to suit a lift of about 3". The angle is a bit extreme if you only intend a lift of 1 or 2".

Have a look at the Calmini UCA, they look very well made.

The Superlift UCAs do work very well with these careful modifications but I was a bit surprised that the finish and attention to detail did not match the price.

Good luck

Geordie

West Australia

ive been in contact with someone who 'says' they can get a deal on some stuff from RoughCountry. If someone is intersted in a price on something, let me know what year and what for and ill see what he offers and ill post back lettin ya know what he says.

I too have the AC UCAs. I bought them used, they were on a well-used Pathfinder before I got them, and I think they'll be fine. They don't look as stout as some but plenty stout enough to be on my rig. I used to think AC's UCA's were bad just because people had had bad luck with them but I've come to realize that at least a few people have had bad luck with every brand of UCA for our Nissans, some are just more widely publicized is all...

The deal with the AC UCA's is poor fitment and finish, as well as not correcting BJ angles for the amount of lift they advertise for their UCA's. I've had a pair and the Rough Country/Superlift UCA's are superior in every way.

Geordie: it's expensive to have them shipped to you, yes...but it only costs them $25 in steel and 1/2 hour's work to weld 'em up on a jig in the US. Is it any wonder they were a bit rough?

The stories about AC's UCA's come from me as well. I had a set and offloaded em to the first sucker I could (88) after being on the vehicle for only a couple months. Like he said, poor fitment, quality and finish. Cheep product, cheep company.

If you want upper wishbones (UCA's) you can't go past this mob. The best on the market in my opinion.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/nissan_early.htm

I absolutly thrashed the life out of mt Pathy with these on and they were still perfect when I removed them. Kremmen is the proud new owner now, and he should get many hassel free years out of them too.

If you want upper wishbones (UCA's) you can't go past this mob. The best on the market in my opinion.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/nissan_early.htm

I absolutly thrashed the life out of mt Pathy with these on and they were still perfect when I removed them. Kremmen is the proud new owner now, and he should get many hassel free years out of them too.

I am guessing that you talking about the Superlift arms?

If soo....

Then the Rough Country arms that we have been talking about (less expensive but price going up, trying to get a deal, etc.) are actually rebranded Superlift arms. They are, other than in name and color, the same items :aok:

Or were you referring to something else?

I am guessing that you talking about the Superlift arms?

If soo....

Then the Rough Country arms that we have been talking about (less expensive but price going up, trying to get a deal, etc.) are actually rebranded Superlift arms. They are, other than in name and color, the same items :aok:

Or were you referring to something else?

:cool2:

You must admit that this thread was hopless without pics. :D