MOD: Cellphone mount

Pezzy

Finally got my new cellphone mount installed...

mount.jpg

mount2.jpg

Got it off of ebay... all it is a bracket like such:

1b_1_sbl.jpg

Then I bought the cell phone holder in the ricer section @ Canadian Tire and 2 way tapped that puppy up.

yeah, type-r usually gets you the +5, type-s is like +25!

i'm diggin' your CB there, i gotta get around to one of those and figuring where the heck i would mount it...

Edited by statikuz

I like it Pez :aok:

I made one much like that (first time I have seen one like mine lol) A trip to Home Depot for a metal plate and a can of black spray paint along with an old belt clip and I had mine... I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

here is it on ebay (old auction): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5820782736

Pro-Fit VSM Mount 1996-1999 Pathfinder Infiniti QX4 NR

Part Number

NS-70-96

Make and Models of Vehicles it fits

1996/1997/1998/1999 NISSAN Pathfinder

1997/1998/1999 INFINITI QX4

(seller: buyselltradeonline)

I wasnt able to find any current auctions...

Ok well, I was in need of a quick answer to mount mine... So while I was walking though Home Depot one day (looking for something else) an idea popped into my head :idea: A temporary fix for my cell phone sliding al over the place in the cab... this because I had to leave it open because with the radio on it's just to hard to hear... no external speaker/ringer.

cellmount1we.jpg

Anyway, it's made from a building brace that I bent and painted. I used double sided tape to mount it to the truck and then cut the swivel portion of a belt clip off and stuck that to the metal mount.

It's extremely sturdy and has caused me zero trouble... thus is why the "temporary mount" has stayed there for so long. Now unless things come up (like this thread) I seldom even think about a replacement. :shrug:

I just put some black velcro to the left of the radio. I know it's ghetto and doesn't add hp like a type s mount would but it's fully functional and very discrete. I did the same thing in my infiniti g20. Plus it costs me a total of $0 since my job has velcro lying around.