Post your Favorite Recipies

Precise1

LOL- steak pasta in a steak house. Now come over to my house and cook a proper steak.

I just finished a batch of Christmas fudge. Never made it myself, and the better half is in bed sick, so off I go...

OMG... there is nothing richer, better, or more bad for you, then what is sitting my counter. We're talking over half a POUND of butter, 6 cups of sugar, a can of condensed milk,, heat to boiling for 5 min, add 2 bags of chocolate chips, 2 whole tubs of marshmallow goo, and a dainty 2 tbsp of vanilla to top it off, then I mixed in a half pound of crushed pecans. Holy heart attack! *licks the spoon and bowl*

Must serve with congac chasers :beer:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Nazi chicken: (sorry but that's what they called it on another forum)

1 – Take a big cast iron (very important) Dutch oven. Put a little olive oil in the bottom.

2 - Pre-heat the stove’s oven to 550 deg.

3 – Take the whole frying chicken you paid about $7.00 at the Safeway out of the frig. Wash it off and take the stuff out of the insides – Give that stuff to the dog.

4 – Take about ½ package of that $1.25 ready made Spanish rice and warm it up in the microwave – or on the wood stove. Then stuff it in the chicken.

5 – Rub a little olive oil on the chicken, put it in the pot, salt & pepper the chicken, put the lid on the Dutch oven and put it in the stove.

6 – Leave it at 550 for 45 min. then turn it down to 325 deg. and go do something for a couple of hours. After a couple hours look in on it – it’ll be nice and brown and if you wiggle a drumstick it will come right off. Take it out of the oven and sit it on top of the stove – when you want to eat – cut it in half, you’ll have plenty – no need for desert, you’ll be stuffed - strip off the leftovers and feed the dog - clean up your very small mess and tell your wife you love her.

i also made a chicken on black beans and rice in my dutch oven not too long ago. placed the rice/beans in the bottom added water, placed rubbed chicken on top and about 45 minutes later had the delicious dinner. i used zatarains black beans and rice.. yeah i cheated.. you can also add other stuff. :D

and for St. Patty's:

Corned Beef & Cabbage

2 lb well trimmed corned beef 1 sm onion, quartered

boneless brisket or round 1 clove garlic, crushed

1 sm head green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges

6 med carots cut into quarters

Pour enough cold water on corned beef in dutch oven to just cover. Add onion and garlic. Heat to boiling, reduce head. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 hours. Remove beef to warm platter, keep warm. Skim fat from broth. Add cabbage and carots, heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 min.

Lechon ie pork roast:

1- pork shoulder (5-7lbs)

clove of garlic (2) chopped finaly

Adoboe(in the spanish part of store) red cap 1 bottle

sofrito (mexican grocery store)

sazon (in the spanish part of store)

Take 1 packet of sazon and combine in a small pan with water an 2 tablespoons of sofrito bring to a boil (careful it will stain ur fingers orange) turn off.

next shake adoboe on to roast evenly then make several small slit in said roast top sides use your imagination, about 1/2" deep

now take chopped garlic and place it into slits you just made use as much as you want or as little.......

now take pan with sazone and sofrito and use a basting brush baste whole roast I also like to take and put into slits

now you can cook right away or let marinade for 24 hrs cover and fridge or cook

cooking times 325 degrees for 4-5 hours depending on your oven but when you cook take roast and turn it upside doen so the "skin" will be on top cover tightly with aluminum foil and forget about it now you can cook it skin side down the choice is yours if skin side up take foil off and cook at 400 for half an hour with make it kispy when all done let sit for thirty minutes and pull it off but b careful will be hot.

ENJOY

Okay guys, I’m again a bachelor tonight so I have way to much time on my hands. This is the recipe for the perfect Rib Eye complete with pictures.

1lb Rib Eye USDA Choice

½ cup of butter

1 tsp of garlic

1Tbsp Tony’s Creole

½ cup of red Merlot wine

I was out of Livingston Cellars Merlot so I scrounged up some other cheap $2 dollar wine.

Mix all ingredients and place on grill until butter is melted. After ingredients are melted/mixed coat both sides of steak with ingredients. You have to dig deep in the baste b/c the garlic sinks to the bottom. Place steak on grill. Find sweet spot on grill that will allow meat over flame but will not flash. Constant attention is required because butter encourages flashing. Turn meat 90 deg to give criss-cross grill stripes for presentation. Baste and lightly sprinkle w/ Tony’s Creole each time meat is moved.

th_100_0160.jpg

th_100_0156.jpg

th_100_0154.jpg

th_100_0153.jpg

th_100_0152.jpg

th_100_0150.jpg

I know I’m going to hear some yak about the Rot Gut Bud Light. As I’ve said before Bud sponsored ECHL Kingfish Hockey and I will support any Brewery that brings culture to the South! -bounce- I do prefer to sip Merlot, but I forgot I was out and I wasn't gonna drink that other stuff :oops: .

I've heard that Argentine beef is superior to USDA and French wines are surperior to California. I drive a Pathy not an overpriced Hummer. So this recipe and drink is within my budget. Since the wife is gone I didn't have to bake potatoes and bread and I got to leave some pink inside! :P

Woops I almost forgot. Pour the rest of sauce in dipping cup. dip your each bite in lieu of using steak sauce.

Edited by dagwoodzz

MORE BEER

Roofles :P

Anyhoo, here's my contribution to the table (no pun intended!)

Ricotta/Italian sausage pasta

Need:

1 lb. of good, HOT italian sausage

Parsley, a few bunches finely chopped

Garlic, 4 cloves, chopped nicely (I'm italian, the more the better!)

Penne/Ziti Pasta, 1 lb.

can of whole peeled tomatoes, cut each into rings

butter, about a third of a stick

olive oil (i have a few kinds of oil I make; some have a few garlic cloves/jalapenos in the bottles, some have some herbs...i used the hot one)

onion, 1 medium yellow, chopped up

Container of ricotta cheese

Parmesean cheese, grated (the more the better!)

A little dry white wine

To start, drink a good fat glass of wine. Then cook the pasta slowly (on med-high heat to make it take longer) and at the same time, add the olive oil to a skillet, about twice around the pan. Cut the sausage into about 1 inch pieces and drop into the pan, cook until brown. Drink some wine. Once brown, pour out the excess grease and add in the tomatoes, garlic, onions, and parsley and about a 1/2 of white wine (could even add vodka...i'll try that next time!) drink some wine. Cook on low heat so the garlic, etc. browns slowly and doesn't burn. In a seperate bowl, combine the butter (melted) ricota cheese and a good bit of parmesean cheese. Mix it all together and if the ricotta is too hard, microwave it for a minute. Drain pasta, put back in the pot and dump in the ricotta, etc. (the heat from the past will melt it) and stirr it vigorously. Drink some wine. Once mixed, add the Sausage, etc. and continue to stir till it's nice and creamy and mixed. Drink some more wine. Eat with some GOOD crusty bread and a good bottle of vino. My wife and I always have a bottle of Luna di Luna Merlot (the red bottle) onhand and it goes PERFECTLY with this recipe. Finish the bottle of wine you started with to cook. Buon Appettito!!!

Edited by navygz19

Carne Asade (grilled meat!!!)

Desired amount of Boneless Chuck beef, I generally use about 4-5 lbs for 6 people.

1 large bowl shape container

Garlic powder

Seasoned salt

1 onion

Cilantro

2 bottles of beer

1 bottle of worcestershire

Place beef in the large bowl, then add 2 bottle of beer. Let it marinate over night. Next day, drain beer from meat and season with gralic salt and season salt. Cut onion in half and cut half of the onion in rings, then cut rings in half. Finely chop 5 stems of cilantro and mix with onion. Sread over meat. Let it stand for about 2 hours and prepare grill. Grill meat and lightly pour worcestershire sauce over meat while it is being grilled. Cook until well done.

Enjoy carne asada with mexican rice, beans, tortillas, and salsas

• 5 months later...
ok, it's been six months.. anybody cook up anything interestingly good?

Yes...frog legs. Never had 'em before and the meat dept. at the store I worked in got a huge shipment of them, and they were going for 1.99/lb so I bought a pack.

Marinated for a few hours in olive oil, vinegar, various spices and lemon/lime juice, then BBQ'ed those things.

I have to say, I was impressed. If you can get over the fact that they're FROGS, they are actually very good...and yes, they did taste just like chicken :D

Anyone else ever try them?

Figured that was something diverse to post about :aok:

1 pound of large frog legs

· Essence

· 1 cup flour

· 1/4 cup Garlic Butter

· 1/4 cup minced shallots

· 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded

· Salt

· Freshly ground black pepper

· 1/2 cup dry white wine

· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves

preparation instructions

Cut the frog legs in half. Season both the legs and flour with Essence. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the frog legs and saute until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 1 minute. Add the wine. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Remove from the heat and serve.

Yield: 4 servings

:takebow:

B

I believe essence is a multispice, kinda like Mrs Dash or something... :shrug:

Just thought I'd share the recipe, not trying to steal the show... ;)

Here's another good one...

1 1/2 pounds calf’s sweetbreads, soak, blanch and trimmed

· 1 quart court bouillon

· 1 cup flour

· Salt and pepper

· 1/2 cup olive oil

· 4 Roma tomatoes, split in half

· 1 head of roasted garlic, cloves removed

· 2 shallots, thinly sliced

· 1 cup blanched green lentils

· 1/2 cup red wine

· 2 cups veal reduction

· 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

· 2 tablespoons cold butter

preparation instructions

Place the sweetbreads in the court bouillon and poach them for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the sweetbreads and press them between two plates with a 2 pound weight on top. Place the sweetbreads in the refrigerator and chill completely. After the sweetbreads are chilled cut the sweetbreads into nuggets or small pieces. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the sweetbreads in the seasoned flour, covering each side completely. Set the sweetbreads aside. Season the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes remove from the oven and cool. After the tomatoes have cooled, julienne the tomatoes. In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the tomatoes, garlic, shallots and lentils. Saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the red wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the veal reduction and bring up to a simmer. Simmer the sauce for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and butter. In a second saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the sweetbreads until crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the sweetbreads from the oil with a slotted spoon. Add the crispy sweetbreads to the ragu and cook for 1 minute. Serve the sweetbreads immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

B

Can't remember if I posted this, but it is absolutely delicious !!! Just make sure to rinse it well after curing. :beer:

1/2 cup kosher salt

1/4 cup chopped fresh dill

2 tablespoons grated lemon zest

2 tablespoons grated orange zest

2 tablespoons grated lime zest

1/4 cup Absolut Citron Vodka

3 tablespoons sugar

1 (2 pound) piece of fresh salmon fillet, skin on, pin bones

removed and rinsed under cold water

In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, dill, zest’s, vodka and

sugar together. Place the salmon, skin side down, on several

large sheets of plastic wrap. Cover the entire salmon

with the curing mixture, packing the cure into the salmon.

Wrap the salmon completely and tightly in the plastic wrap

and place the salmon, skin side down on a half sheet pan.

Place something heavy, like a skillet, weights or a brick

(which needs to be wrapped in plastic wrap) on top of the

wrapped salmon. This will help infuse the salmon into the

mixture. Refrigerate the salmon for 24 hours. Remove the

salmon from the refrigerator and wipe off the salt mixture.

Rinse the salmon under cold water, removing all of the cure.

Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon diagonally, paper thin

and set aside.

Goes great with a bagel, creamcheese and a tomatoe slice... MMMM !!

B

i made this dish this past weekend (in my 12D dutch oven) and it was so good i really can't describe. i cooked for 8 (2x this recipe) and there was hardly a drop left... the dublings were probably the highlight. the only thing i'd change is: i'd add a little less water maybe.

June Meyer's Authentic Hungarian Goulash

(Gulyasleves)

Here is a recipe for authentic Hungarian Goulash I learned to make from my grandmother and mother who were from Austria-Hungary. Every family has its own version of Goulash. My family would NEVER consider tomatos or green peppers or other spices in Goulash. Some other dishes would have tomato or green pepper, but not Goulash. Slow cooking is the secret and you can never use too much paprika. I like to use 3 tablespoons. Hope you enjoy this dish, I have been raised on it.

Regards, June Meyer.

* 2 lb. beef chuck

* 1 tsp. salt

* 2 onions, white or yellow

* 2 Tbsp. lard or shortening

* 2 Tbsp. imported sweet paprika (most important to use real hungarian paprika for ultimate flavor)

* 2 bay leaves

* 1 Qt. water

* 4 peeled and diced potatoes

* 1/4 tsp. black pepper

Cut beef into 1 inch squares, add 1/2 tsp. salt. Chop onions and brown in shortening, add beef and paprika. Let beef simmer in its own juice along with salt and paprika for 1 hr. on low heat. Add water, diced potatoes and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until potatoes are done and meat is tender. Prepare egg dumpling batter:

* 1 egg

* 6 Tbsp. flour

* 1/8 tsp. salt

Add flour to unbeaten egg and salt. Mix well. Let stand for 1/2 hour for flour to mellow. Drop by teaspoonful into Goulash. Cover and simmer 5 minutes after dumplings rise to surface.

Serve hot with dollops of sour cream.

Serves 6.

http:/homepage.interaccess.com/~june4/goulash.html