So I went from this to this.......

Bob

So I was in the compact thing for the past 6 years. I started out with a Dodge Daytona (not a real compact but close enough) to a Neon.

Picture_002.jpg

Sold that about a month ago and bought my Pathfinder.

DSCF0508.jpg

Im really happy about my choice. There are just a few things that i need to do to this thing to get it where i want it. It needs new tires, windows tinted, new taillight, couple interior parts, new fog lights, brush gaurd, and i might try cleaning up some of the rust (some spots are starting to get kinda weak).

Thats my story kinda.Im glad to be part of something better, and seems like better people.

Bob

Very nice choice! As said above the only thing you'll miss is the gas milege, and maybe some acceleration too. Our little 3.0's aren't reknowned for their speed.

Everywhere else you'll be pleased though, these are great trucks!

Thanks guys. I sold the neon for a couple reasons, Two to many tickets (two total) 1. reckless driving (147 in 65mph zone) yes they did clock me, 2. 75 in 55mph zone. I really miss the gas milage, I was getting about 35-41 on the highway. Merging was nice also with the 3.94 final drive trans .51 fifth gear trans. I also had about 160k on that thing and it was starting to use to much oil, about 2 quarts every 3k miles. The last reason is for school with this winter coming up. I drive about 35 miles one way to school and i cant afford to miss one class. Neons = teh suck in snow.

DOH, good mention JJ !! I forgot about the infamous exhaust burn spot beneath your foot. Check the underside for damage Bob. Hopefully it's not bad, I have a 1" hole... :D Funny, the PO forget to mention that... What, like I wasn't going to find it ? :blink:

B

As said above the only thing you'll miss is the gas milege, and maybe some acceleration too. Our little 3.0's aren't reknowned for their speed. 

I wonder what would you say about a pathy with TD27T... you'd probably think this thing is totally unable to accelerate))))))))

When I am driving up a hill and a pathy passes me by

a) easily, as if I was just parked on the roadside

B) in total silence compared to the TD27 roar))

then I know it was a VG30 pathy)))

And I start biting the steering wheel in hate and envy :angry::D

But then I think, well, I spend as much on gas with a 2.7L turbo-diesel engine as I did when I had a 1.6L gasoline Vitara... then I remind myself how powerful diesels are on low RPM... and approximately at this stage I feel envy disappear and I'm a happy TD27T owner again :P

And I start biting the steering wheel in hate and envy

LMAO !!! Nice mental image... :D

What are the horse power and torque ratings for the 2.7L TD ?? DekaWatts or kilojoules or whatever metric you use is fine, I can convert... :D

B

I know the feeling about going up hill and getting passed like your standing still. The daytona that i had was the 2.5 n/a rated at 100hp (bout 75hp to the tires) and the crank and 136tq (bout 100 to the tires) at the crank. Talk about doggish, I think the pathy (vg30) would beat it. WAVEY AND that is with the 5speed.

LMAO !!! Nice mental image... :D

What are the horse power and torque ratings for the 2.7L TD ?? DekaWatts or kilojoules or whatever metric you use is fine, I can convert... :D

B

uh... well...

*types "www.google.ru"*

max power 100 ps (73.55 kw) / 4000 rpm

maximum torque 22.0 kg*m (215.75 N*m) / 2200 rpm

does it mean anything to you?)))))))

I don't understand anything in these numbers... I had many practical opportunities to experience that diesel engine is better than gasoline on low rpm, when towing or just trying to make your way out of mud or trying to climb up a hill, but I don't understand why 100ps \ 4000 rpm is good )))

Anyway, these numbers were taken from an unofficial site, so don't know if they're accurate.

I wonder what would you say about a pathy with TD27T... you'd probably think this thing is totally unable to accelerate))))))))

Maybe so, but I'd still trade my VG30 for a 2.7TD, hands down! It would be worth it for the milege alone. The 16.5mpg I'm getting out of my gasser costs me a pretty penny in this day and age.

• 7 months later...

I get 20mpg in my td27t. It is awesome being in japan too because we pay about $4.50 us a gallon for diesel (115yen/liter).

I LOVE MY TD27T. Acceleration is no problem with the shocks in sport and the A/T mode in Power, and the turbo on 3m.

If I keep the tranny in hold mode (economy), turbo on 1, and shocks in touring, i get about 22 mpg. (500km to about 15 gallons or so)

And, it is only a 500 plate. In japan, that means cheaper Inspections every 2 years, cheaper tolls, and cheaper yearly road tax.

The VG30's are 300 plates here, which means more expensive everything!

I LOVE MY TD27T!!!