Howzit from Hawaii

Guest 4x4munster

Guest 4x4munster

Hello from Hawaii WAVEY Name's DJ and I recently owned two 4x4s. 1) '87 Toyota 4runner with a 7" lift, 15" Alcoas w/38" super swampers. 2) '95 4x4 Pathfinder bone stock.

Sold my 4runner and kept my pathy :beer:

HOWEVER, 'ole faithfull recently died on me, so got myself another 4x4 pathfinder to ressurect my '95. Well, after closer inspection of the '91 doner, I found that it was in better condition than the '95 and only needed minimal repair to get it running again. So, I now have a '91 and a '95 for parts. I made my first upgrade to the '91 using parts from the '95. I'll share my upgrade in the forum area.

Hope to learn a lot from yall and also be a positive member and share my experiences with my pathy.

Aloha,

DJ

Aloha!

I went to the big island this summer, it was great! But we really needed a 4x4, there were many places we just couldn't go with the rental car (well we took it down this one road that we probably shouldn't have but it's a rental right? :P )

Guest 4x4munster

Great to be here and thanks for the awesome welcome!

Pricise1, I'll definitely be sharing my find with the difference between the 1990-1992 and the 1993-1995 pathies. Something that no one including Nissan service and parts department could help me with. I had to find out on my own. Thanks for the cool welcome!

Slick, Could it be me signing up twice?? ;):P

SC88Pathy, I'm glad you enjoyed Hawaii. That's probably the best way to see Hawaii is to go down less traveled roads. Bring your GPSand cell phone though cause you can get lost on the big Island and not find anyone for miles and miles.

Did you visit the volcano and black sand beaches while you were there?

Trainman, I hope that was the right move cause I loved my 4runner. Of the two, the pathy is more built for offroading and the 4runner had more options to customize, but no longer want the looks and will go with performance. I guess this also pertains to my choice in the opposite sex :X :beer:

mzxtreme, If you ever make it here, then make sure you bring you pathy and I'll take you to some trails were only locals go. We can get down a dirty with red dirt and go hog chasing OR get chased by hogs :blink: these wild boars will do that in certain areas.

Pezzy and denisb,

Thanks for the awesome welcome and hope to be a positive member.

Aloha,

DJ

Volcano check, and black sand beach check.

However we didn't get to spend as much time at the volcano as we would have liked too, that's what happens when you don't get started early in the morning and make a stop along the way.

We went to the black sand beach at Pololu Valley, very very pretty!

Guest 4x4munster
Volcano check, and black sand beach check.

However we didn't get to spend as much time at the volcano as we would have liked too, that's what happens when you don't get started early in the morning and make a stop along the way.

We went to the black sand beach at Pololu Valley, very very pretty!

Yes, very pretty place especially @ sunset. It's unfortunate that Pololu don't make a good spot for swimming. The whole coast is absolutely breath taking. I believe only the Big Island has these black sand beaches. I know, I know...I've seen them on TV too! But I think those black sand beaches are made from the oil spilled rigs :wacko:

Aloha Brah DJ! Welcome to the forums. Mahalo. 

Much mahaloz for the welcome! U from Hawaii???

Aloha and e como mai DJ. (I feel like I'm talking to myself)

What part of Hawaii are you at? I'll be moving to Maui in March. I've been missing some loco moco... 

DJ

Mahalo nui loa and thanks for the cool E komo mai's here. I'm on the Island of Oahu. Maui has some cool offroading, so make sure you bring your pathy. If not, then you'll probably be switching over to the Toyota forums, as Pathies are not as common as Toyota trucks or 4runners there. "Loco Moco" LOL!!!!!!!!!! Go and get a couple of hamburgers. Throw away the buns and wash off all the other ingredients. Now you have your hamburger patties and all you need is the rice, sunny-side-up eggs, and thick brown gravy and you've got yourself a Loco moco. Ohh, and you also need the macaroni salad :P:hide:

Slick, :beer:

Aloha,

DJ

Much mahaloz for the welcome! U from Hawaii???

Nah...I wish I was though! I've been once when I was an ankle-biter, and remember it being absolutely GORGEOUS. My father has friends out there, too. Hopefully I'll be making my way out there after graduation. :aok:

Yeah, the rigs in Hawaii are awesome. On Maui, I've never seen so many Nissans, particularly Frontiers and all with at least 6 inches of lift...tons of trucks with WIDDDEEE tires.

The food is the thing I miss the most about Hawaii. Not like I can't get it around here, but its just not the same.

:blink:

I miss being able to go to Safeway to get Poke'. :D

That's one thing I noticed about Hawaii too, lots and lots of lifted trucks. Especially Nissans! Most Nissans round here are all stock but at least half of the Nissy's I saw there were lifted. All this talk of Hawaii makes me want to go back! :(

Guest 4x4munster

Thanks and make sure yall hit me up before flying down. I'll get the place preped and have the pig in the imu. oh, and the loco moco for DJ :P

SC88 and RedPath,

I just got back from my local junk yard and I saw two body styles like yours. Anyone need parts?

L8s,

DJ