4 days since BobCaygen Run

Dowser

Hey all. It's been a few days now since the Trail run and I've noticed some small and big changes in my Rig. Mainly that the Front Suspension is GONE. :wacko: Not exactly sure what happen, but I have a few photo's and could use some insight.

First off, The only thing my rig has got is a 3" Body Lift and 31" tires. As it turns out, I'm really not too sure what the guy did with this thing before I bought it but I can tell you this. The Front was level with the back when I bought it. Now It looks like a roadster with the back being much higher then the front. I'll post the pictures below but since I'm on Dial up, I'll need to post the photo's one at a time of my internet gets cut off... Sigh, Life in the sticks.

Second, Some sort of electrical problem as every morning when I go to start it I have power inside cause the radio ,dash lights, and interior lights come on but when I go to Turn it over 1 of 2 things happens. 1, Sometimes Nothing at all which would suggest to me no spark from the plugs, but then there there are some mornings where I get the spark but it makes that starter sound but no firing. Perhaps that Romp through the Deep mudhole was not such a good Idea? [^] I'm thinking this must be that I got moisture or something by the plugs, sound reasonable? Well lets hear what you guys think might have happen and what you would do about it.

Once again, had one hell of a blast in BobCaygen, but sadly my daily driver is not looking to good. :oops:

Dowser

post-9-1130455445.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks very low indeed especially with a 3" BL. Maybe reindex your t-bars or something. How far away are the A-arms from the bumpstops?

As to the electrical? Hmm... just check your battery and ground connections and use some WD-40 or ignition dry-n-go on the ignition cables. Also check your starter wiring.. maybe something came loose during the romping around.

Also dude.... it wasn't that deep in there... had there been a lot of water, I'd be there on the trail with you guys -bounce- leading into the water crossings.

I'll be there in April when the water levels are 2 feet higher. sly

Ok.. A few more Pictures. This one is the Passenger side T-Bar which looks bent to me for starters, also look at the LCA Mount. Now compare that one to the Drivers side mount and something is definetly wrong there too. Wonder if that is adding to the problem.

post-9-1130508712.jpg

And lastly, A picture of the Passenger Side Lower Control Arm Mount from the Fornt view. Had to Drive my Rig up ontop of a rock just to get these bloody Photo's since the front is sagging down so much I cant squeeze under very easy anymore.

That's all I took right now. Any other Photo's that might help a Diagnostic let me know.

Dowser

post-9-1130509645.jpg

Does BobCaygen have alot of big rocks? and did you drive/slide over top of them?

You have significant damage to your front suspension.

Your adjuster bolts and adjuster bolt anchor seat things(?) have been destroyed...it looks like they aren't even doing anything, so you shouldn't have any front suspension.

Is your truck sitting on its bumpstops? if you try to bounce the front is there any bounce? It doesn't look like there would be.

The LCA mounts look like somebody took a BFH to them also.

So i think it's settled then.... I'm pooched. Just took a look and yup, Sitting on the bumpstops. Looks like I finished it off on that trip. Ok... now as far as concerns go, I've been driving it around like this for 4 days haha Bad Idea? I have a lot of replacement parts to go in but I need to drive about 4 and half hours to get them and to my uncles garage. Seems to drive still alright but is this causing any MORE damage? To the Ball joints or whatever. Hate be driving down the highway and BLAMO the Wheel shoots up into the fender well, causing me to Roll or some stupid thing. Damn that was a fun trail. And Madhatter. ya... a LOT of big rocks. It was so loud that I'm suprised you didn't hear me hitting all of them from where you are. Has anyone else experienced that strange feeling of finding out that you F'd up you Rig but can't help but smile about it? I mean it's painful knowing I need to spend all this time and money into it now... But I just can't help myself from thinking the whole bloody thing is hilarious. What a great time to be laid off.

Dowser

D,

Looked like the adjusting bolts for your T-bars are completely missing. If this is the case, I would assume they were protruding below the crossmember they sit in when you were banging on the rocks.

Sounds like you had some fun doing it too, so :clap:

I have some Pic's on my comp at home on what they should look like as well as the Hardware.

As for the banged up LCA, I have never been there.

yeah, I hear ya on that one, at least you had a blast doin it. :aok:

It looks like you might not have bent the crossmember, so the replacement parts might fall into place. Not sure about the LCA's tho. :blink:

You should send those pics to blackpanther skidplates, he might use'm as an example of why people should buy his product! :lol:

My God Dowser!!!! That's a whole heck of a lot of damage from one trail run!!!! You must have been flying through there!!!!

Glad you had fun doing it though, the memories will outlast the pain of having to pay for the repairs.

I'm also glad that I didn't go!!! :laugh::lol:

I'm also glad that I didn't go!!! :laugh::lol:

It wasnt that bad...

Dowser did a lot of crashing & banging, but we had noticed his T-bar anchors were not inset and hidden like they should be, and I'm sure they got hit a few times... The same thing happened to us in the X back in May... we ended up going home from Minden with CAA.

It wasnt that bad...

Dowser did a lot of crashing & banging, but we had noticed his T-bar anchors were not inset and hidden like they should be, and I'm sure they got hit a few times... The same thing happened to us in the X back in May... we ended up going home from Minden with CAA.

Oh, that sounds like fun too!!!!! A CAA ride.......the newest attraction at Canada's Wonderland next year!!! :P

That's only like $100 in parts at the most and 3 hours of goofing around in there to fix it. No big deal.

If you had a spotter you should slap him. I still have you beat though, as last year my truck caught on fire after that trail. -bounce- It did take a considerable effort on my part however.

LOL Dowser... You beat the tar out of that poor truck !! I agree with the general damage assessment. It can be basically fixed relatively easily, but new parts are required. I'd suggest not driving it 5 hours to get them if you have other options though...

Glad you had fun and love the attitude !!!! :D:beer:

B