88 Nissan Pathfinder 220,000 miles

Guest deathtrap

Guest deathtrap

Hi I am new to the board. I have a 88 Nissan Pathfinder XE V6 4x4 Automatic with 220,000 miles. It is my winter beater. I had $1000 to spend and I was looking into getting a new winter beater, but didn't have any luck. After coming across to this website and reading about them I decided to invest that money in the Pathfinder. $500 of it already went to new tires and 4-wheel alignment. I rad past troubleshooting topics to try and get my pathfinder to run smooth, I have cleaned my MAF after reading in past topics. I plan on getting new wires, plugs, shocks, and change the hoses. In the summer I have a mint 1979 Black Z28 with Red and Orange stripes and T-tops. I call my Pathfinder the Deathtrap because of driving it last winter. I hear all sorts of metal hit metal when I go over bumps.

Does anyone know what the little box is that the spark plug wire goes to thats not a spark plug mine is laying in a pile of rust and its coroded and cracking and then the thing behind it that is in front of the break booster and master cylinder circle shaped what is it I poked it and it fell apart(the two pieces separated). It still starts fine and runs besides the rough idle and puttering.

I want to get it winter ready before the snow starts falling.

Thanks for any help or info you can provide, I will be in hear regular. As I anticipate two problems to arise for every one I fix :angry:

Guest deathtrap

Here are some pics...

The Deathtrap

MVC-052S.jpg

Engine Bay

MVC-051S.jpg

Smog pump

MVC-050S.jpg

MVC-049S.jpg

MVC-048S.jpg

Ignition coil?

MVC-047S.jpg

New Tires, Cooper Discovery ATR $349.95

MVC-046S.jpg

Do the pictures come through now?

Edited by deathtrap

The thing that has a plug wire going to it that is rusted off is the ignition coil . I'm amazzed the coil is still working, it's pretty rusted. The coil pack, if it's running and it's a winter beater you don't want to put much money on, just zip tie it to something so it doesn't bounce around.

The other thing.........not sure.

Guest deathtrap

Hey I live in MN and there are a lot of republicans here as far as the bush sticker goes, and cops seem to like the bush sticker, no tickets yet, it's kinda of a joke.