First ever test score of "zero" - Landwind SUV

njbray

I think I'd be safer in my VW Bug... I have NO doubt that my Pathy would do far better. It wouldn't deflate and collapse like a whoopie cushion. Frame mounted front guard helps a lot also... Funny, I didn't want to buy one of these things and still dont.

B

It's a Chinese company.

“This car seems to belong in the 1990s in terms of engineering,” said Chris Patience, head of technical policy at the AA Motoring Trust.

Haha. Not that the 90's were all that bad, but I guess Europe, where it's being sold, has less stringent crash tests than here. Same reason you can't buy a Nissan Skyline from a dealer here. It hasn't been through the rigorous crash tests. That, and it's a very high performance car.

As I recall, WD21's don't fare too well in the offset crash test either. I can't remember the exact score, but I know it wasn't good :o

Its ok. If you're a teenager, you're invincible, if not, it doesn't matter. Pathfinders can't crash. Sure other people *could* hit us... but really... We're just so smart and skilled that we couldn't possibly get hurt... ever!

:crazy:

Haha. Not that the 90's were all that bad, but I guess Europe, where it's being sold, has less stringent crash tests than here. Same reason you can't buy a Nissan Skyline from a dealer here. It hasn't been through the rigorous crash tests. That, and it's a very high performance car.

Wrong! (Hehe I feel like 88! :P )

You can buy a Skyline in the states, just not from nissan. You have to buy them from Motorex, they import skylines put them through the required crash tests and sell them here, of course they cost waaay more than if you were to buy one in japan.

Also the next model of skyline will be sold in the US. Nissan is stopping production on the current model, and the new model debues in 2009 (I think? :shrug: not exactly sure on that date).

mmm crumple zones ;0

:o The entire thing is on big one.

And the Highway Saftey Institute in the US throws a fit if there is any movement in the cab area, there was no cab left on that thing.

Conspirasy theory.... :unsure:

The communists in China figure they'll sell the capitolists cheap cars (not telling how deadly they are) and knowing how cheap us capitolist are we will buy them and kill our selves off. Then the invasion will begin :hide: