BL all done!

MaritimeMan

So I finally got it all back together. It would have been done soon, but this past week was hell as far as school was concerned. I followed the write up in the how to section, and it worked pretty well. And with out further adue......

Before:

bl0037vl.jpg

After:

bl0052nk.jpg

bl0073gq.jpg

AS I mentioned before, I tweeked my relocation kit for my oil filter. I finally made a bracket for it and put 90 degree nipples to keep the oil from draining out as much. I also added an oil cooler between the radiator and the fan.

bl0099sd.jpg

bl0113pm.jpg

I'll have to do some driving to see how it works out. Dunno, no real road trips planned yet, but I do have a group of guys at my school that want to do some wheelin.

I don't know if its really advised, but after I had everything sorted out and tight, and did a quick test drive, to took it to a big empty parking lot for some sorta hard braking and turning, both to get a feel of after the lift, and to make sure everything worked in a controlled setting. Might be worth it as a shake down.

That looks really cool. Don't you have some suspension lift too?

Yeah I have Calmini's upper control arms, and a set of JGC coils in the rear with a 1/2 in spacer. I had just the JGC's but due to the added weight of the tire carrier, I decided to add the spacers that 88 gave me. They're the tough rubber matting material, and I haven't had any issues with em yet.

Found the kit on ebay. Here's the guys I got it from, they're at 75 bucks, thats what I paid:

Ebay body lifts

He was pretty quick in turn around, and the kit was a brand new PA. Shipping is reasonable, as it does weigh a bit. It show's he's got 10 left, so you might wanna snag one while ya can, even if you aren't plannin on puttin it on till later.

Yes 88, I do need to crank the t bars a bit, but I think I sprung one, cause she won't sit level no matter what I do, and I'm gettin tired of the crappy steering when I crank em, cause my steering box is goin out. Dunno, add that to the list of things to fix.........

Dunno, add that to the list of things to fix.........

*note to self, rebuild entire front end* :P

Looking good there squirrel boy ! You are going to need a ladder soon just to get in... There's a set of Calmini T-bars in the classifieds... ;)

B