Inner rubber fender/wheelwell gone

SC88Pathy

Well it finally happened the rubber/plastic sheet that protects the engine from mud and water is gone on the passanger side. I think it might have happened when I took it in to get the egr fixed last month but whatever. Right now there's no problem because it's dry out but I want to do something before winter comes.

What do you guys suggest, can I buy a new one from nissan or am I going to have to make my own?

Well SC88Pathy......I used a piece of Kids Crazzy Carpet to replace mine. I would assume that Crazzy Carpets are probably not on every Walmart shelf in Cali though. In case you don't know what a Crazzy Carpet is I will try to describ it to you.

It's plastic carpet Canadian kids use to go slidding down snowbanks.......eh! Sorry I'm Canadian.....I had to add that. I had found a link for them in an earlier post, I'll try to find it and add it to this post.

The cool thing about the Crazzy Carpet is that it can be cut with a pair of cisors if you need cut around moving parts, yet it's pretty sturdy and washes easy. It comes in plain black or a bunch of crazy colors if you want to go wild.

Denis

I picked up a rubber cargo area mat from Walmart for like $8 and am gonna try cutting it to fit, hopefully this weekend. With the BL, the stockers won't fit, and they want some stupid price for aftermarket wider ones. We shall see...

Yea that's what I'm thinking of doing. Hmm let me know how yours works out and I'll prob duplicate it.

Go to Home Depot and get some EPDM lining for outdoor ponds (it's the stuff you lay down on the hole in the ground to make water ponds). They're sold at something like $12 a foot here in Canada (and that's something like 18 feet wide). EPDM is incredibly tough, flexible, and won't age from sun, water, temperatures, etc...

I was just thinking of getting a big mudflap and trimming that to fit. Hmm but how to attach it? I'm thinking zip ties, but that would look a little getto. Unfortunatly almost all of the little plastic tabs are gone along with the rubber, so I guess zip ties will have to do.

Here's a good place to ask.....

Does any one have a template I can use? Mine are completely hosed of years of abuse, and I just ripped the remaining shreds out when I did my BL. If someone who has already made a set (yep, I need pass and drive) and wouldn't mind sending me a template, I can find some way to compensate. Thanks

M.M.

I've got a laundry list of stuff to do to the Pathy this weekend, but if I get to the guard thingies, I'll try tracing a template or something. My passenger one is almost intact (a big tear down the middle) otherwise I was gonna offer it to you the other day SC. Maybe I could do both the stock ones (if I can piece the drivers side one together) and the lifted ones. Not sure of a way to get them to you though, maybe snail mail. If I shrunk them and scanned, that may work if you could figure out the scale.

I'm pretty sure that we should all try and post templates for BL and non BL gaurds. Hopefully I'm going to get around to it this weekend. I'v got a lot of homework to do though so it might have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

i went to home depot and got some 3 or 4 ft wide vinal and got about 4 ft of it and that was plenth to do both sides...i dont have the pix uploaded anywehre right now but i pulled off the tires and took some empty beer case cardboard from the night B4 and made some templates...traced it out cut them out and put some small stainless nuts and bolts thru the holes where the old plastic push pins went...that stuff is pretty tough and it keeps the motor about 85% cleaner than when i only had half of them hanging down...

I cut out a template from my torn up stock ones. The stock size is going to the SC88Pathy, and the body lifted one has gone to MaritimeMan for trial fitting (I already used this one and it worked out pretty well). If people are interested, I could try to post a scanned copy, although the scanner shrinks images about 5% or so. If you have *most* of the stock ones, its pretty straight forward. If you're adding 3" for a body lift, just look at the furthest mounting points on either side (front and back) and add 3" below. The WallyWorld cargo mat material I used was well under $10, and the aftermaket ones go for many many times that, so its up to you on what its worth.

Good idea about the template, but it seems that all you would have to do is line up a few holes and start trimming... I know I need to do mine soon, probably in spring. Look here for the plastic expanding rivet thingies. It starts on the bottom and goes for a page or two...

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAG...05&PMT4TP=*LTIP

:beer:

B