Did you get the bug?

MaritimeMan

Did you start modding your Pathy after finding these forums?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did you start modding your Pathy after finding these forums?

• Nah, she's still stock, and staying that way
    • Stock, but not for long
    • Cranked the T bars and some minor stuff
    • Haven't put down a wrench since finding this group of loonies
    • She was already modded before I found the forums

I was just curious to see how many of us caught the mod bug. I did. Now that I have a solid base for information, well mostly, and a group of people who share the same enthusiasim, I really have gone hog wild with her. I was just wondering if other are wearing the same shoes. Also, my mentality of; If it needs to be replaced, might as well upgrade it, has definately led to alot of mods. However, I don't think they would have been done the way I did them if I didn't know about NPORA.

Voted "havent put the wrench down" as well, I cant crank T-bars on my truck... heh... and I do still have a few mods to do.

When we got the truck, it was going to stay stock, and the Xterra was getting all the attention. NO FAIR! Pezzy wants to play too... I was on this board for a few months before we lifted the pathy - but it wasnt because of the board I did it. It was the actual experience. We werent planning on doing anything to the truck until maybe next year, but when we went tire shopping for the X, I asked about what kind of a deal wthy would give us if we bought 2 sets, as I was going to be looking into AT's for this winter as the stock tires would be done by now...

Then came everything else, as if you're going to buy tires, and soon lift it, you might as well lift it now, and buy the right tires now... um ok, twist my runner arm. The bumper was just good timing, and for the 6384th time - sorry vengeful. The CB & rack I already had for camping & convoys with SOXC... and everything else is just toys!! :)

I always wanted to make some mods. The only challenge has always been I needed the rig to drive to work on monday.

Now I have the 95 to use as the daily driver and the 92 now becomes the Big Boy TOY :beer:

(btw:Girls can play too B) )

Im with Precise1 on waiting for Calmini, Should be here tomorrow.

Edited by Casey.T

DOH !!

Bastage !! :P

Between bad front end geometry, rebuilding the CV's, UCA's, LCA's, ball joints, centerlink, tie rod, all the bushings, etc it would make much more sense to SAS it. Thats why I don't wheel much right now. I'd probably cripple the thing and just waste $, which is a bad idea when you don't have a FRIGGIN JOB !!!!

Ok, I feel better now... :D

B

I always wanted a Pathy while owning a 720, then I had one (with a Honda Prelude ricer inbetween). Started slowly, but quickly found Jim's oldl site www.mrjim.net. From there, mods came slowly but surely. Then NPORA came about, and I had fun. Many $$$thousands and many mods later, I'm still behind 88Path, but I've made many decent strides. I've now got a decently built, fairly solid, pretty high truck.

B, sounds like we need to find you a sandbox of your own.

Because technically, it's lifting the vehicle. Plus, what the first question out of 75% of the newer members? "How do I crank my T-bars" or some variation. Plus it's a fairly easy thing to do, and just about any one can do it, therefor it's a modification from a stock setting.

Based on my explaination, yes. However, lower tire pressure is a "mod" that pretty much has it's place on the trail, where as cranking the bars can be functional for wheelers and pavement pounders alike.

the mod bug bit, that lead to finding this site, back in the black & purple forum with no subsections days'.

& the mod bug will ALWAYS continue to bite............

those spanners will always need turning ;)

• 4 weeks later...