It Begins.

Vsicks Pathy

The total headlight, horn and thermo fan rewire has began. I refuse to be held hostage to the Nissan headlight switch any longer. All wires will be re-routed so nothing runs accross the radiator support

I am just having some lunch before I remove the dash.

I have got a few relays in the cabin that I want to relocate also. There are also extra fuses I put in for the engine swap that I have forgotten where they go. I will be chasing the wires again.

If I can score a later model dash then that will go in while this is being done.

strip9ht.th.jpg

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you took your shirt off to do this because... ?  ;)

Have fun with that one Steve, I don't envy you at all.  If you find a late model dash post up some info on how easy/hard the swapover is.

Justin

No, it was my windcheater. :P

Progress to date.

I kept the music pumping till the very last minute.

betgoeson5vl.th.jpg

These are the relays I spoke about. I will be relocating them to the glove box. I will use the ECM bracket to mount them on.

oldlocation6xj.th.jpg

I will replace the steering column too. It collasped after a bad landing on a jump. You can see where it has been rubbing on the cowl. I have cut an inch off of the cowl already but it still rubs.

scrub4nj.jpg

The show begins. wires9rw.th.jpg

its so different lookin at a pathy with everything on the opposite side.

I have only recently started feeling somewhat disoriented when looking at pathy with the steering wheel on the left))) so for me looking at these pictures is absolutely ok.

What feels strange for me is seeing 180 km\h and some 9K rpm on the dashboard))) I drive a TD27T Pathy, so for me these numbers are 160 km\h and 6K rpm))

Update.

I didn't have too much time on the Pathy today. Only about an hour or so before I got rained off. I have a garage but it is full of other bits and pieces. Besides that, when the sun is out, there is no better place to be than outside. I managed to rerout the L/H headlight and indicator wires. I also decided to remove all the connectors I used when I did the engine swap. They were all full of crap (outside the cabin) so now I will be soldering the joints and shrink wraping them. It will be less bulky under the dash without them too. I ran a couple of heavy duty wires into the cabin too. Just in case. I have also been omitting wires that, for the life of me, go nowhere? There is a whole bunch of them around the heater control area. I have my eye on their removel too.

mess2jd.th.jpg

Don't Pathies have head light relays? I have looked but can't find any??

Nope... it puzzled me too.

When I first got mine, it was having headlight troubles. I asked everyone including dealer service shops, they knew of none and could find none in parts catalogs or on wiring diagrams.

But you did remind me, I planned on adding some to limit the strain on my new "expensive" light switch!

stevey..... :D

i rewired my head lights a little while back with all new good quality tinned flex cable and relays and it worked a treat.

it went from stuffing up all the time to not having missed a beat since.

they were also ALOT brighter due to there being 14.4 volts at where the globes plug in, instead of like 12 volts (with the alternator running obviously).

you didnt see my pm....... :angry:

:D:D:D

;)

stevey..... :D

i rewired my head lights a little while back with all new good quality tinned flex cable and relays and it worked a treat.

it went from stuffing up all the time to not having missed a beat since.

they were also ALOT brighter due to there being 14.4 volts at where the globes plug in, instead of like 12 volts (with the alternator running obviously).

you didnt see my pm....... :angry:

:D:D:D

;)

Long time no hear old friend.

What have you been up to Steevo?

Yes I saw it. Just haven't got around to repling. :)

I find it totally insane that there aren't any relays. No wonder everyone has trouble with the lights. I am still putting another switch in. I can't use the old setup now even if I wanted to.

Nearing completion.

From this.....

mess2jd.th.jpg

To this....

The new and old wires waiting to be hooked up and to be made tidy.

dsc007169np.th.jpg

Waiting for the dash to go in before the relays can be hooked up. There will be six in the glove box.

dsc007173va.th.jpg

I have not worked on the car for a few days. The weather has been sh!t and we have had other things on. I spent a couple of hours on it this morning and got it to this stage.

I still have to chase up a steering column and see if I can score a late model dash. So I can not do any more work on the Pathy untill I at least have a new steering column. I will also get another section of loom for the Nissan light setup. Given that I will be running high and low beam through relays, I should not have anymore issues with the setup. That's the plan anyway.