How rare is my Pathy?

OR99.5Speed

Does anyone know how rare my R50 is? Since the Off-Road package was only made in the 1999.5 models and the fact that I have only seen one other one in my life, I assume, at least in the U.S. it is rare. Mine was built in 1/99. I can give my VIN if anyone can look it up or something. Please somebody! Give me some bragging rights! Does anyone know how many were sold in the U.S.? Or how I can find out? Thanks!

BTW, the Off-Road Package which I am talking about came with the external spare and rear viscous LSD. It came only on the 4wd obviously, and mine is a manual transmission. My signature pic is dated, imagine my pleasure when I took off the spare tire cover and saw my matching alloy rim! Can't believe it made it past Nissan cost-cutting!

Edited by OR99.5Speed

Welcome OR99....I'm not sure how rare your Pathy is, but I would love to take a closer look at that spare tire carrier (p.s. don't mind the set of removal tools in my other hand!)

My 97 has a LSD, but no rear spare, and by no means a matching spare. Also my 97 is an automatic, so since they are almost nothing alike...i'll shut up now...."walks away quietly" :hide:

Yep, thats my first post. But I am now looking for actual production numbers, as I and other owners are well-aware that it is very rare.

What I am trying to say is that while many 1996-1999 XE and SE Pathfinders were equipped with the similar Sport package, I have only seen one other 1999.5 with the Off-Road Pkg. I was curious to see exactly how rare it is!

Thank you very much for the compliments! If I can get my grubby hands on a digital camera I will be more that happy to take pictures of the assembly.

Edited by OR99.5Speed

Haha, I would just like to tell people how rare it is, like " Oh yeah baby, this one isn't your regular grocery-getter, its got the Off-Road package!"

Yeah, I know its stock, don't make a big deal about it. You should see the worn all-seasons off-road in the mud and even in the rain! So much fun...

I may actually be putting it up for sale though, I just have to think about it for a while...

Haha, I would just like to tell people how rare it is, like " Oh yeah baby, this one isn't your regular grocery-getter, its got the Off-Road package!"

Yeah, I know its stock, don't make a big deal about it. You should see the worn all-seasons off-road in the mud and even in the rain! So much fun...

I may actually be putting it up for sale though, I just have to think about it for a while...

WHO cares?????? Are you more happy and satisfied of what OTHER people think of your Pathy? Be happy that you drive the car that you do, regardless of what other people think...or what you want to brag to others about.

So what is on the offroad package that the average R50 in your year doesnt have? I havent seen a lot of 99.5+ pathy's with the rear tire carrier, however I have seen a few.

If you want bragging rights because your truck can go offroad, prove it - take that baby offroad and have fun. Of course do that because you want to, and do it smartly (because smartly is a word...:blink:) and not just to show off. I have a plain ol XE, but I love my truck - I dont care that it doesnt have all the toys. I prove it's offroad capable by taking it on the trails & keeping up with the Xterras & jeeps we wheel with.

That said, you have a nice looking truck, and if you're happy with it, that's what matters. You can make it rare yourself, by making it to suit you. Start with a nicely scented air freshener! :)

Edited by Pezzy

Ok, lets ease up a bit...

Not everyone here is rally racer, mudder or rock crawler, eh ?

Yes, I ribbed him, but he has a valid question about how common the off road package is. OR, what else is in the package other than matching rim, tire carrier and LSD ??

B

Apparently your Pathy is a dime a dozen in the USA, as you have already been told. You chose to ignor them as is your right to do so. Bring it to OZ and you will have the only manual of that model. The only L/H Drive too for that matter.

Okay yall, please read my original post! Some of you are looking like idiots here! If you actually read my original post you will see that I am asking how to obtain information on exactly how many of each model, package, etc. were sold in a model year. My model year is 1999.5. I come from owning Xterras, BMWs, VWs, etc. where the # of units sold is easy to obtain.

What I am also saying is that while many 1996-1999 Sport Packages, such as RowOSU's R50 were sold and are quite commom, the 1999.5 and newer Pathfinders are super rare with the outside spare. I have seen only one other since they came out, as opposed to the 15 "normal" 1999.5+ R50s that I see every day.

So, in closing, is there any way I can find out how many 1999.5 Off-Road Pkg. were sold in the United States?

I am in no way implying that I have an off-the-shelf off-roader. I do appreciate rare vehicles, with rare equipment.

Okay yall, please read my original post! Some of you are looking like idiots here! If you actually read my original post you will see that I am asking how to obtain information on exactly how many of each model, package, etc. were sold in a model year. My model year is 1999.5. I come from owning Xterras, BMWs, VWs, etc. where the # of units sold is easy to obtain.

What I am also saying is that while many 1996-1999 Sport Packages, such as RowOSU's R50 were sold and are quite commom, the 1999.5 and newer Pathfinders are super rare with the outside spare. I have seen only one other since they came out, as opposed to the 15 "normal" 1999.5+ R50s that I see every day.

So, in closing, is there any way I can find out how many 1999.5 Off-Road Pkg. were sold in the United States?

I am in no way implying that I have an off-the-shelf off-roader. I do appreciate rare vehicles, with rare equipment.

:rolleyes:

Ok, lets ease up a bit...

That does apply to everyone... ;)

Have you tried calling a dealership for information or a contact # ? I agree, it shouldn't be that hard to determine. Personally, I have never tried to look up that information; I have a 95XE, one out of 4 gazillion. :shrug: How did you look up your other vehicles ?

Out of curiosity, does Kelly blue book list your trim package ?

B

That does apply to everyone... ;)

Have you tried calling a dealership for information or a contact # ? I agree, it shouldn't be that hard to determine. Personally, I have never tried to look up that information; I have a 95XE, one out of 4 gazillion. :shrug: How did you look up your other vehicles ?

Out of curiosity, does Kelly blue book list your trim package ?

B

I just got off the phone with a representative of Nissan USA. He is going to call me back if he can find the actual production numbers, but did tell me that the package was available on 4x2 and 4x4, but the 4x4 got the rear LSD. No clue on price.

KBB does not factor in specific vehicle options, as always:

KBB

Edmunds' was a bit more exact in specific options for my Pathy:

Edmunds

At least they are cheap. Isay get another and have two. Now that would be rare!

Haha, well if you want to buy me another one, well...

It's funny because the only other one I saw is a Sherwood Green one, an auto. The kid went to my old high school.. oh well.

I did call Nissan of North America about it, and after a long time they finally told me to go to the dealer. The guy on the phone was such an ass-kisser it kinda pissed me off, so overtly polite like I just paid for his kid's college or something. Oh well. Thanks guys!

How rare is your car? Not as rare as mine! :D

All I need is the light bar and hitch and I will have all of the options available for the 88 model year! Of course there weren't that many options to begin with... (stereo, 31x10.5's, LSD, Rear Disc Brakes, hitch, light bar, I think that's it) :aok: