How rare is my Pathy?

OR99.5Speed

Okay guys,

I called Dave Burnette My post in the Garage and he ran a search on my VIN to see my car's history. He uncovered some crazy stuff:

Built January 13, 1999 at the Nissan factory in Japan. One of the very first 1999.5 Pathfinders to be built.

Here is the strange part:

Delivered March 11, 1999 to the NISSAN HEADQUARTERS IN GARDENA, CA!!! My car was bought by Nissan.

P.D.I.'d March 16, 1999!!! Notice the car was bought before it was P.D.I.'d. It, therefore, was a press vehicle.

Here is the bizzare part:

The only warranty claim on the truck was a paint claim April 12, 1999 in SMYRNA, TN AT THE NISSAN FACTORY!!! The claim was a paint, refinish, prep thing by Nissan. THE TRUCK HAD 13 MILES ON IT AT THE TIME!!! So it was trucked over to the factory.

I remeber as a 13 year-old subscriber to Truck Trend magazine a comparison of the 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder and a 1999 Honda Passport. The Pathfinder was exactly like mine, in every way. What I am thinking is that my truck was used by Truck Trend as a tester, possibly even at auto shows.

I just wrote Truck Trend an email tonight about this and offered to buy that back issue with the article. I hope my truck is a celebrity!!!

Edited by OR99.5Speed

Some pictures from a road test at Edmunds.com. Pretty sure my truck is the one in both of the pics. Certain it is the bottom one. It also has the wind deflector, not on many.

The first picture looks like its a white truck. Or it could be the lighting and be mine. But it sure does have the outside spare.

99.jpg

My truck:

99.jpg

To tell you the truth, I kinda like the 255/65 tires in the picture. I may just settle for 255/70 next time.

Edited by OR99.5Speed

what would make it really "rare".. is if you customize your already "rare" pathy... then it would go from rare.. to rarer (I know that's not a word)....

Nissan USA should be able to tell you.. or direct you to a man who can... if nissan don't know... nobody knows... :blink:

p.s.- that is a rather purty pathy... add some mud....mmmm...yes....

Haha, you don''t have to tell me I have waaaay too much time on my hands! I have no classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, lol.

I can't wait to customize the Pathy! This whole unique equipment and history on mine has convinced me to keep it forever. I just need money to build it up, and the little money I have now has been spent on repairs and more important stuff. I always take the functional but inexpensive route anyways. At least whenever I fix something it must either be OEM or better.

Thanks for all of the kind words; pretty much everyone else thinks I'm crazy to be so enamored with the whole magazine thing! Maybe I am...

:crazy: