Any other coils to lift front end

delavoie

Since we can use the JGC coils in the back of our pathy's i was wondering why we couldn't find a suitable pair of coils to lift our front end also.

Is this possible? Just wondering, i installed my JGC coils this week and they said my torsion bars were already cranked out to the max. But as you can see, the front still sits alot lower then the back.

path.jpg

First of all, you can't use coils in the front of our trucks without MAJOR fabbing i.e coil perches and basically redesigning the whole front end (like with a SAS).

If your torsion bars are maxed, then they've sagged, so you'll need to reindex them (there's a how-to somewhere around here, search for it) then crank them, and you should get enough height out of them to level the front with the back.

If not, you may need to look into new torsion bars. If you have to go that route, you're better off to find some (Sway-a-way, or Calmini, to name a couple) that have higher spring rates, so they don't wear out as quickly.

Good luck.

ok cool,, so in your opinion i should be able to get more front end lift with my torsion bars, if i try to re-index them. Do i need a hoist to do this job?? Can it be done in the driveway.. basically?

If they dont re-index,, i guess i'll need to buy some new ones.

to re-index the t-bars simply means to slip them out of their grooved socket at the front end and rotate them a few degrees and shove them back in. (besides the steps needed to free them and retighten them) It's simple to do.

Edited by k9sar

Definitely a driveway do-able job. That should give you alot more lift out of your stockers. 88 still runs his, and he beats the crap out of his truck!!! :D

looks familiar, cept i think i got abit more lift with my AC coils :P But ya, you can crank the T-bars, but if you go to high you wont be able to get the front end back into alignment with out aftermarket UCA's, which you can get from roughcountry.com for about 130 bucks.

Edited by Kn0xville

Do you already have an aftermarket steering system? If not, don't lift your front end until you get that sorted out.

There are plenty of people running around just fine without the aftermarket steering upgrades. Just depends on how hard you use the truck. Like me, I should have upgraded long ago. :rolleyes:

Also, I there was a rumor that those UCA's at RoughCountry were in short supply and might/may already have- run out. If you're interested, act fast for half the normal price.

I have never seen a lifted Nissan that didn't blow up the stock centerlink. Sure mall crawlers take longer than people who wheel, but the end result is always the same.

It's obvious that the original poster doesn't know much about Nissans and their crappy suspensions, so might as well educate him right... no?

no i dont have any mods for steering yet..

And has Filthylurker said,, i dont know a whole lot when it comes to offroading or nissans, i have been more interested in fast cars in the past, and just got my pathfinder last year for the winter. Now i'm starting to like offroading more and more. So i'm selling my porsche because i much rather have a truck where i can go anywhere i please,, maybe slower, but i can get anywhere! :D

My buddy is going to help me install some new brakes on the weekend, and we are going to try to re-index the torsion bars.. He's a mechanic, thank god. Because i have no clue how the torsion bars work.

It's really easy... He'll know how to do it. 1-3 splines is whats recommended depending on how bad they have sagged. I indexed 2 splines on mine. If you go farther than necessary, the torquing arm of the adjustment system may protrude below the crossmember that it sits in. This is bad as you could possibly catch it on something offroad, making for a bad day. The T-bars may bind somewhat in the front mounts, if so, just loosen the three bolts that hold it on and they will slip out. Remember to scribe marks on the mount and T-bar for reference and some high pressure chassis grease to relube is a good idea. GL, and let us know how it went.

B