Doors off...

gabod7

So, like the title says, has anybody taken their doors off their pathfinder? i'm very, very tempted to do it. my dad says they will never line up good again.. but i dont know. just wonderin if yall have done that.

Having the doors off makes a night and day difference on technical sections. You can lean way out and see where all your tires are.

However, in dusty areas it's really quite the pain in the ass. :o

Having the doors off makes a night and day difference on technical sections. You can lean way out and see where all your tires are.

However, in dusty areas it's really quite the pain in the ass. :o

I'd rather have a spotter if its gunna be that hard. I would not like to roll without the doors on either. Some rocks are large enough to do some serious damage if there is nothing to stop them.

If you do do it, take GG's advice and take them off by removing the hinge pins.

Also, V6's point about rolling without doors is a valid one and worth serious consideration.

Edited by RedPath88

Was recently posted on N4W.... complete with baby seats and all :D

pathy12be.th.jpg pathy39bi.th.jpg pathy22fy.th.jpg

(cliky on thumbs for large)

Child services would love to see those. What a fool. I looked as hard as I could to see if there was a roll cage to make up for the lost support that the doors would give to the roof if it fell over, but saw nothing.

I love the safety aspect. Nothing has been spared! He has even got sh!t tied down in the back using his slider as an anchor point.

Here's a rock in you eye! :nono:

I just talked to Taylor on the phone, and I'm pretty sure I'll be going on Saturday up to Brown's Camp/TSF again. He said there's a whole offroad shop worth of trucks going, as well as a film production company that wants some offroad footage. :D

Guess it's time to put on my long-travel shocks in the rear and check everything over before I go...refill the co2 tank, etc...

I'd rather have a spotter if its gunna be that hard. I would not like to roll without the doors on either. Some rocks are large enough to do some serious damage if there is nothing to stop them.

Hence my recomendation of tube doors.

Would any of you have your kids in a car like that on the highway letalone on the track?

No I would not!

A vehicle that was designed to have the doors removable is one thing, but Pathfinders were not. The door is part of the structural integrity of the vehicle as a whole. Without the doors that integrity has been compromised.

No one else sees any health & safety issues there?

Nope, you’re not the only one who can see a problem here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 92mini van

That’s funny. Everyone has an opinion. Doors off is an awesome way to go. as for the guy who needed a spotter, some of us are set up well enough that we can just looking down can get by that obstacle that some may need to work there little Nissan over and over and a have a friend tell you how to drive. The trip to the Rubicon was a total success, lockers both ends, t-case gears; 63” Chevy springs in the rear and 44044 front springs up front seemed to work just fine. With enough travel and low gears you realize that the chances of tipping over and testing the strength of the roof and pillars is not ever close to what it would be with some 33’s IFS and open diff’s. Here is a simple test, park your finder on a 42” tire and tell me if your rear tire comes off the ground? Mine doesn’t. Happy trails.

some of us are set up well enough that we can just looking down can get by that obstacle that some may need to work there little Nissan over and over and a have a friend tell you how to drive... park your finder on a 42” tire and tell me if your rear tire comes off the ground? Mine doesn’t. Happy trails

My, my, my... How gloriously smug. Congrats.

B

That’s funny. Everyone has an opinion. Doors off is an awesome way to go. as for the guy who needed a spotter, some of us are set up well enough that we can just looking down can get by that obstacle that some may need to work there little Nissan over and over and a have a friend tell you how to drive. The trip to the Rubicon was a total success, lockers both ends, t-case gears; 63” Chevy springs in the rear and 44044 front springs up front seemed to work just fine. With enough travel and low gears you realize that the chances of tipping over and testing the strength of the roof and pillars is not ever close to what it would be with some 33’s IFS and open diff’s. Here is a simple test, park your finder on a 42” tire and tell me if your rear tire comes off the ground? Mine doesn’t.  Happy trails.

You, dear fellow, must have exray eyes to be able to see what is on your blind side. I find that truely amazing. Doors or no doors, not even professional drivers can lay claim to that kind of driving skill! Lest of course the tracks you drive are tame. Even professional drives have the sense to wear a helment for protection. This guy can't even be creditted with that.

I don't want to second guess you here, but it seems the higher you go the COG gets higher too. Top heavey makes it easier to roll does it not? Not only that. The more modified you are, tougher and more dangerous are the tracks you tend to travers; correct? Thus again you are more susceptible to something going wrong. Never lost traction half way up something and come down it locked up and sideways, unable to control it untill it stopped? NEVER! Never lost traction climbing an obstical and been thrown sideways off it? NEVER! There are literaly hundreds of thousasnds of examples all over the net of what DOES go wrong. Even on easy tracks.

This guy is an absolute idiot for having the kids in a car setup like that. I would hate to imagine getting hit in the side while driving to a destination letalone taking them out 4wding. You'd have no problems with another 4wd kicking up a rock and hitting those innocent kids? The driver would be fair game mind you. What about catching a fallen branch on your blind side and it ficking back into the car? Oops, I forgot, you can see perfectly well on your blind side. If things look iffy when I am 4wding the first thing out of the car are the kids. I would have thought that to be common sence. There are so many scenarios that could have happened. When you go 4wding you are suposed to prepare and be prepard for the worst. Not this guy! In fact he was a major event waiting to happen! What's the first thing those little kids would do if the Pathy fell over? What was that? Oh, put their hands out did you say? Think about it!

As I said earlier. Child services would have a party if they saw that.

And no, there is nothing funny about it!

Nuff said.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

some of us are set up well enough that we can just looking down can get by that obstacle that some may need to work there little Nissan over and over and a have a friend tell you how to drive... park your finder on a 42” tire and tell me if your rear tire comes off the ground? Mine doesn’t. Happy trails

B

What a tossa ay B. :oops:

And I thought I was bad. :laugh:

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

well, i did take em off last week and left them off for the weekened. it was def. fun ridin without em. i swear it cut my gas mileage in half. maybe next time i'll keep the back glass open. 17 years of crap in the pins made it a little hard to get them off though.

B

Addmy congrats to that

You, dear fellow, must have exray eyes to be able to see what is on your blind side. I find that truely amazing. Doors or no doors, not even professional drivers can lay claim to that kind of driving skill! Lest of course the tracks you drive are tame. Even professional drives have the sense to wear a helment for protection. This guy can't even be creditted with that.

I don't want to second guess you here, but it seems the higher you go the COG gets higher too. Top heavey makes it easier to roll does it not? Not only that. The more modified you are, tougher and more dangerous are the tracks you tend to travers; correct? Thus again you are more susceptible to something going wrong. Never lost traction half way up something and come down it locked up and sideways, unable to control it untill it stopped? NEVER! Never lost traction climbing an obstical and been thrown sideways off it? NEVER! There are literaly hundreds of thousasnds of examples all over the net of what DOES go wrong. Even on easy tracks.

This guy is an absolute idiot for having the kids in a car setup like that. I would hate to imagine getting hit in the side while driving to a destination letalone taking them out 4wding. You'd have no problems with another 4wd kicking up a rock and hitting those innocent kids? The driver would be fair game mind you. What about catching a fallen branch on your blind side and it ficking back into the car? Oops, I forgot, you can see perfectly well on your blind side. If things look iffy when I am 4wding the first thing out of the car are the kids. I would have thought that to be common sence. There are so many scenarios that could have happened. When you go 4wding you are suposed to prepare and be prepard for the worst. Not this guy! In fact he was a major event waiting to happen! What's the first thing those little kids would do if the Pathy fell over? What was that? Oh, put their hands out did you say? Think about it!

As I said earlier. Child services would have a party if they saw that.

And no, there is nothing funny about it!

Nuff said.

^^^Everything said is worth repeating^^^

I agree 100% V6 :clap:

To anyone who disagrees -thnkboutit-