Those silly Germans !

Precise1

OMG

oh darn it this is a family website

and i guess you pretty much just sumed up everything i just said pretty well

and me and you can go on and on and on

well i sorry if you arent mature enough to let it go (thats going to get me kicked out but hey)

LOL you are completely lost on that... there is nothing inappropriate there.. at all.

But that's OK, as it was not even directed to you.

Not to worry, the moderator will see it (I actually hope he does ;) ) and understand :laugh:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I see a discussion of personal biases (opinions) which we all have. I see no personal attacks, name calling, or overt offensiveness, so I fail to see why I should intervene as a moderator.

I do wonder though...

B...  :crazy:

Why are you calling me crazy Red ?

B

what i want to say but cant because its a family website and i respect that

anyway lets move on with forum life shall we :)

no hard feelings :beer: (mountain dew)

well i did for awhile but heck it really isnt worth it anymore

Edited by FLApathy

I do wonder though...
B...  :crazy:

Why are you calling me crazy Red ?

B

Well you know, sometimes we just need to keep ourselves in check. You, me, *everyone* -thnkboutit-

Just tying help out, ya know? :laugh:

NP Red, I used to wonder if I was nuts sometimes... Now I don't wonder any more. I just wasn't sure if I slipped up somewhere or something. I take my meds regularly... :shrug:

B

I like CLASSIC Corvettes. I feel they lost their character after 1976 when they stopped making the Stingray. Stingray was THE Corvette. The new C6 seems too much LuxoTech, not enough brawn and brute. Electronic actuated doors? Cool, but retarded. Automatic start? Again, cool, but not something that belongs on a Vette. Automatic Transmission? COME ON, IT'S A VETTE!!!

While, all of these features would be nice to have on a Caddy or a Buick, they are completely out of place on a Sports Car. I do not, and will not, and CAN not classify the modern Corvette as a muscle car, because it has followed the "Supersize Me" trends of modern America. The American vehicle market demands that vehicles become plusher and more refined, even if it means they will lose the charisma that got them to where they are now. (Can you say Mustang? Love the first gens, everything after that can rot in a boneyard.)

When it comes to a pure sports car, Lotus has the right idea with the Elise and Exige. Up to 340bhp in a 1200kg car with a 6-speed, RWD and Corbeau racing seats. No stereo. No leather. No power windows. No automatically unlocking doors when the key is within 20' of the car.

Granted, this Mayback Exelero is FAR from a pure sports car. It is an Autobahn bomber, plain and simple. Made to travel at ridiculous rates of speed for extended periods of time in unparalleled comfort. To compare the Maybach to a Corvette would be like comparing a Unimog to a Hummer. -thnkboutit-

There we go, those are some nice classic cars !! Whats with the whoopdie bling rims on the first and last though ? I think the older cars look much better with classic hurricane or centerline rims... What about 'cudas ?? Got any picts of 68-69 ?

B

There we go, those are some nice classic cars !! Whats with the whoopdie bling rims on the first and last though ? I think the older cars look much better with classic hurricane or centerline rims... What about 'cudas ?? Got any picts of 68-69 ?

B

couldn't find any good ones... coronette is kind of shy too..

Whats with the whoopdie bling rims on the first and last though ? I think

yeah those arent bling rims those are good looking rims, this however is a bling rim...

bling

Edited by FLApathy

No, I didn't but it sure looks spiffy !! Probably not to bad to drive either... ;) *sigh* Sometimes I wish I wasn't poor white trash...

FLAp, thats just plain disgusting !! Older cars look better with older style rims, kinda like this...

B

post-25-1123202790.jpg