rear spoiler I think.

iLLlegal

I have a 92 xe pathfiner and I have seen others with what looks to be some kind of spoiler right about the back window..anyway I dont have one but want one! does anyone know were I could possibly get one from? and If so how would I mount it. see the reason I am asking this is when i purchased the path about a month later I noticed a dent right above the rear window. It looks like someone hit my car with an axe :( and mabey that spoiler could help cover things up and what not. any help would be nice

thanks

~Shane

hey thanks man. arg junkyard.. lets just say the junkyards here have 0 imports let alone pathfinder(tells ya somethin hey) but ill keep my eyes out for one.

I'm with ya there! Found ONE 2 door Pathy inna j/y and it had been picked clean like pirannahs had got to it.... never to see one again :sniff:

I just added one on my 93.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/grim...nder/93wing.jpg

I got it out of the junkyard, you need to grab the window hinges as well since they have the rissers for the spoiler on them. To access the nuts for the top side of the hinges, just pop off the piece of trim above the window on the hatch. On the window side of the hinge you can see the philips screws. :aok:

or just helps blow the dust off the back window after a dusty trail run. ;)

That's it's primary function, to deflect the air across the back window and help keep it clear of rain or dust. My 88 doesn't have a rear wiper, but the wing does help keep it clear. The 93 has the rear wiper so I make use of it, haven't noticed if the spoiler has helped or not.

I just added one on my 93.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/grim...nder/93wing.jpg

I got it out of the junkyard, you need to grab the window hinges as well since they have the rissers for the spoiler on them. To access the nuts for the top side of the hinges, just pop off the piece of trim above the window on the hatch. On the window side of the hinge you can see the philips screws. :aok:

^^^What he said^^^

I added one to my '88. Just grab the deflector/spoiler and the window hinges and it's a simple swap of your existing hinges.

Mine cost me $20 for everything.

I guess i can put this in here.......... Can anyone get me a LH rear glass hinge or just a set? my LH one has a split right on top of the hinge pin(you can see the pin) and i really want a new one or a set.

Thanx,

Aaron

or just helps blow the dust off the back window after a dusty trail run. ;)

That's it's primary function, to deflect the air across the back window and help keep it clear of rain or dust. My 88 doesn't have a rear wiper, but the wing does help keep it clear. The 93 has the rear wiper so I make use of it, haven't noticed if the spoiler has helped or not.

Other than wanting one purely because I like the looks of them, I added mine in hopes that it would help keep the rear window clear. This after my rear wiper decided to start blowing fuses.

The end result was worth it.. With a non-functioning wiper I couldn’t see squat out of my back window in the rain. After adding the deflector, it's been clear almost completely ever since... Nissan did a good job with the design of that item. It even helps defrost the window quicker on cold mornings.

Not sure of any effect on my gas mileage though.. I was not closely tracking it then.

One of these days’s I will figure out the fuse blowing problem, I just disconnected the harness at the wiper to solve it temporarily.

I guess i can put this in here.......... Can anyone get me a LH rear glass hinge or just a set? my LH one has a split right on top of the hinge pin(you can see the pin) and i really want a new one or a set.

Thanx,

Aaron

Based on your siggy picture, you are looking for the ones without the deflector.. correct?

If so I have my original set.

Ok, I thought it was something like that. Good to hear it actually works ! I have the rear wiper/washer/defroster and it works fine so I couldn't care less that I dont have it. Only thing I can see wrong with it is mangling it putting things on the roof rack. But then I dont have that either... :shrug:

B

Ok, I thought it was something like that. Good to hear it actually works ! I have the rear wiper/washer/defroster and it works fine so I couldn't care less that I dont have it. Only thing I can see wrong with it is mangling it putting things on the roof rack. But then I dont have that either... :shrug:

B

When I started looking for a suitable roof rack (since mine did not come with one either) that was something that I considered.. tall enough to keep stuff off the deflector.

But, they are... along with the risers ...made out of solid aluminum. And as such are tough enough to take some hits without damage.

I have seen a few Paths around here that have had the paint removed from them... most of them that I have noticed look like they sanded the paint till it was gone and that's where they left it.

One was actually sanded and buffed to a mirror finish... although it looked better than the others, it's not really my thing. I think they look best black or as one I saw, painted the same color as the body was (in this case Red).

my spoiler as well as a neighbors got worn with respect to paint. I took mine off and did a light sanding and a few coats of flat black and it looks good as new. His still looks like crap. When I put stuff on my roof like plywood or 2x4's, I lay them right on the spoiler. Bags of gear and such get nestled right in agaist it so they don't slide off the back at high speed.

my spoiler as well as a neighbors got worn with respect to paint. I took mine off and did a light sanding and a few coats of flat black and it looks good as new. His still looks like crap. When I put stuff on my roof like plywood or 2x4's, I lay them right on the spoiler. Bags of gear and such get nestled right in agaist it so they don't slide off the back at high speed.

I find this strange. Most people have talked about their spoilers being metal. Mine's from a Nissan dealership here, and it's plastic. It's tinted black. Was it only plastic on the 95's? :shrug:

my spoiler as well as a neighbors got worn with respect to paint.  I took mine off and did a light sanding and a few coats of flat black and it looks good as new.  His still looks like crap.  When I put stuff on my roof like plywood or 2x4's, I lay them right on the spoiler.  Bags of gear and such get nestled right in agaist it so they don't slide off the back at high speed.

I find this strange. Most people have talked about their spoilers being metal. Mine's from a Nissan dealership here, and it's plastic. It's tinted black. Was it only plastic on the 95's? :shrug:

mine's a 95.

Good to know that they (most) are metal and durable plus effective !! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Going to the wrecker soon with the futile hopes there is a Pathy there... I'll have that on my list when I go. I see SOOO many Pathys on the road here. It's hard not to do some 'midnight salvage', but thats just so wrong I couldn't do it. My neighbor has a 4 door with about 240K on it that runs like crap and gets no love. I'm waiting for it to die so I can get several parts off of it. He is a tow truck driver, so I could prob convince him to let me part it out and he could still get rid of the carcass. Sheesh, never thought I'd want someones Pathy to die...

B

holly lotta posts since yesterday. well I dont want to deflect air considering my wiper works just fine. but I think ill go to the junkyard again this week and check for one. I think they look nice IMO even if they dont do much :D

But, they are... along with the risers ...made out of solid aluminum. And as such are tough enough to take some hits without damage.

The deflector is aluminum (I think, under the paint, some sort of metal at least) but the mount/riser things are plastic and are one piece each per side along with the hinges for the rear glass (at least that how it is on my 94). One of them cracked and later broke on mine, and I couldn't find one in the boneyards. Since it is also the rear window hinge, I had to correct it ASAP, so I bit the bullet and bought it from the stealer. They wouldn't sell the hinge/mount, just the whole thing, for somewhere around $75-80.