Fog light replacement help

Guest Revo

I was trying to replace my fog lights in my 95 pathfinder but there are two main screws that hold the setup together on each side. The problem happened when one of the screws didn't want to come loose b/c it was worn and I'm having a hell of a time trying to not to just tear the light setup. Is there any tool out there that can let me somehow loosen or break off the screw without doing damage to my pathfinder? :confused:

I have the one in the bumper with the torx screws and that's where the problem lies as nothing else fits in there that it's worn.

If you have an angle grinder, dremel, drill (go buy a wheel), cut a slot in the head and use an impact driver with a screw driver bit, or a screw driver with a BIG handle. (I have used a screw driver held by the stem with vice grips for rotation while leaning on the handle with my chest/stomache for like problems) Have you soaked it with a penetrant/lubricant ? They do help with plastic also. Try a torch to expand things ?? Be careful though... Luck Bud.

B

Which setup do you have? there were 2 stock setups the ones in the bumper, and the ones under the bumper with brackets attached to the body?

95 are in the bumper.. i think the ones under the bumper were mainly in the 80s and a fiew early 90s..

mine were in the bumper until I moved them. Clips hold the lenses on and a single nut on the back held them in the bumper.

Edited by k9sar

Hey guys, can someone take a picture and post it here of where the fog lights for a '93 pathy go. I went outside and looked at the front bumper and could'nt find a place to instal the fog lights. I also looked under the front bumper and nothing. Do I have to remove something from the front bumper to make room for the fog lights? Thanks In Advance. :confused:

Hey guys, can someone take a picture and post it here of where the fog lights for a '93 pathy go. I went outside and looked at the front bumper and could'nt find a place to instal the fog lights. I also looked under the front bumper and nothing. Do I have to remove something from the front bumper to make room for the fog lights? Thanks In Advance. :confused:

Yes, you have to replace the plastic "grills" with ones made to hold the fogs.

• 10 months later...