Hi-Lift mounting on spare tire carrier.

patzx300

I was getting my Pathfinder ready for ECXC so I needed a place to put my hi-lift. After some staring I was able to mount it horizontally using a -J hook with a thumbwheel and a Nissan Tonneau cover bracket for a Titan. I will post pics later today. If anybody likes how I mounted it and wants a Bracket, I have a few.

Where do you attach (can I say this?) your hi-lift if you need to lift the vehicle? I've heard the stock bumpers aren't strong enough, as well as the stock sidebars.

Edited by flnl

Sorry I have not gotten pics yet fellas, between finsishing up an SAS on an Xterra and getting my Pathfinder ready for ECXC, pics are the last thing I have though about. I will try to get them today.

Where do you attach (can I say this?) your hi-lift if you need to lift the vehicle? I've heard the stock bumpers aren't strong enough, as well as the stock sidebars.

Not sure about the bumper, but the stock step rails are def. not strong enough... another reason to upgrade to rock sliders...

Hmm.. am I gonna have to snap a couple pics at ECXC Pat??

BTW, you're representing for all of us this weekend!! B)

*pouts* ;)

Back a few years ago when I was stock, I did this for my highlift. Just a simple slide in tube reciever.

kevin2.jpg

kevin3.jpg

Holy, did that roof rack sit kinda high. Glad it's gone now.

Thanks GG, guess I'd better host them off my own space.

edit: Oh I forgot to answer your question.

It's a 48". I can't use it with the SAS now unless I strap the diffs to the frame. To much droop. Need to get a 60" bar.

Back a few years ago when I was stock, I did this for my highlift.

lol, I love your sense of "stock" mookie -- your pathy a few years ago still woops the crap outta mine :-) I like that idea though! How did you fashion it?

On another note, any pics yet? :D I remember that "Pimping a spare tire rack" thread awhile ago, and Snosk had a good design, would be good to see some others.

I was getting my Pathfinder ready for ECXC so I needed a place to put my hi-lift.  After some staring I was able to mount it horizontally using a -J hook with a thumbwheel and a Nissan Tonneau cover bracket for a Titan.  I will post pics later today.  If anybody likes how I mounted it and wants a Bracket, I have a few.

pics:

patzhilift.jpg

patzhilift2.jpg

Thanks for snapping the pics Pezzy and Rob. I do have some video of the Pathy I will edit and post maybe this weekend. My kids did not like the rock gardens at all, Not to crack on the Xterra, but there were many places where due to my rear suspension, I would go over obstacles that that the Xterras would hang the rear springs on. My wife said I need a lift, that is the first step, getting the wife to agree to the lift.

:shrug:

I was thinking about mounting my Hi-Lift jack like yours Pezzy, but here is the thing..........If you want to get into the back cargo area with out opening the whole gate, there is no way the window will flip up. It hits the jack. Sucks A$$! So, I'm going to run to Super Target tonight and buy that Coleman cargo basket like I've been talking about in another forum. It's now on clearance here for $140.00. Can't really get anything like that any cheaper...Oh yeah, that's right, if you are Grimm and live in Ohio, you can get this basket for $99.00 on clearance. :furious: :oops: You SUCK Grimm! Just kidding man! Lucky you! So, now I need to fab some kind of mounting device on this basket for the jack and some lights. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them!

Thanks all!

Hey, I got lucky. Was it you who mentioned Target had them to begin with? Thanks for the tip. I'm still planning mods to the basket, including a Hi-Lift mount on the side and tabs for lights. I already have my CB mounted off of it, gives it a nice ground plain up there.

If you want to get into the back cargo area with out opening the whole gate, there is no way the window will flip up. It hits the jack

Actually no the jack does not get in the way of the rear glass.

I wish I was by my truck to take a pic. I like the way you mounted that BTW.

I mounted mine with some bolts, wing nuts and rubber thru the existing holes on the Right hand side of the spare tire.

But I can't use the window anymore either...

Its too hard to get in there anyway with a big 33" tire in the way...