What Is Wrong With People?

vengeful

Ok, so I'm driving down the beach going to the store just now, and I'm almost at the end to where I pick up the road. This asshat jeeper driving a wrangwhore decides that he's better than I am since he's in a Heep and turns right into my path and blows his horn at me to get out of his way....Well, being the nice courteous guy that I am, I turn to the right to let the c-sucker go by. When I do this, I see there's a BIG UCKINFAY SINK HOLE directly in front of me, that I have absolutely no hope of avoiding, thanks to the jackass in the heep. So I slam on the brakes to slow down enough to hit it without causing damage, but I only decellerate to about 20mph and I hit it...

This thing must have been at least 2 feet deep....truck must have gone airborn, cuz when it came down it hit H-A-R-D HARD HARD HARD....and then bounced back up.

I'm not sure of the extent of the damage as of yet, but I do know that the strut tower has been partially separated from the inner fender skin, and the steering shaft is rubbing against it. I'm also pretty sure that the struts are blown and at least one of my Ranchos are bent.

No pics as of yet, cuz I don't have the cord for the camera with me here, and I'm too pissed off still to take pics...

I wouldn't be that bent about it, but I'm 300 miles from home, 10 miles up a beach, and I have to drive to Rochester tomorrow and then I've got a Paragon trip planned for next weekend. Looks like I won't be going to Paragon.... :furious:

I'm hoping that by some touch of God I can get the truck into a shop tomorrow and get it fixed by Thursday, and that my insurance will cover a rental car and the damages....because I really cannot afford this.

I need a drink.

That BLOWS !! With a little bit of luck, the damage is not as much as you think... Good luck Bud... :mellow:

Oh, common courtesy and common sense pretty much went extinct with the Dodo bird...

B

That sucks major arse!

So much for being nice to jeepers eh? **

Not that everyone driving a heep is a asshat, but it seems like the common consensus!

I must have been the only nice Jeeper on the road...cuz when I was driving semi's...the one type of vehicle that would NOT move to let me out would be Jeep Cherokees... at 80,000lbs..I had my way of dealing with them..but DAMN! How RUDE!!!

Glad you are ok...and I hope the Pathy recovers as well...

Good News!

Insurance is covering it....And they're covering a rental for me!

Except, that the rental car that I got is embarrasing to drive....It's a Buick Rendevous...it's ridiculous, I hate it. LOL...

Ditto to above !! Congrats on the insurance working out. With a little luck you wont miss your trip !! And with the rental, oh well... I'd personally be happy with everything so far !! GL Bud ! :beer:

B

Good News!

Insurance is covering it....And they're covering a rental for me!

Except, that the rental car that I got is embarrasing to drive....It's a Buick Rendevous...it's ridiculous, I hate it. LOL...

rendevous :cool2: take that thing 4wheeling, thrash that thing before taking back. i'm just kidding, to put your self low like that moron that cut you off. we need tie him to his seat and throw him and his heep into shark infested waters. and then have a few drinks :beer:

ahh dude that sucks.

All the jeeps i see out here are driven usually by Moms. So they usually are not too jack-a$sish. The worst is old men who drive big pickups!! argh. they never move.

rendevous' arent the most best looking vehicles but they sure are comfortable!!

*added* every 6th vehicle in BC seems to be a pathy, i serioulsy can not go on one drive without seeing at least 5

Edited by firstpathy

*snif* get better pathy...

not all jeepers are jerks... we happen to wheel with a few who have become great friends...

although among some it does seem to be that they think they are better than the rest of the offroad world simply because it says jeep on their ride... It's fun to proove them wrong!

Exactly Pezzy, and everyone else.

If they decide that it's worth fixing (which I seriously hope they do, but I am prepared for the worst), it is going to go to Olde Town Auto Body, the best body shop within 200 miles of here, and the most highly regarded body shop by my insurance, my mechanic and everyone else I've talked to. They did the work on my truck after my first accident (where the outside rear tire blew out in the rain going around a curve and I spun off the road, $6500 in damage, truck was PERFECT), so I'm not going in blind.

And I know that not ALL jeepers are jerks, but most of the ones that I come across are usually very self-important and condescending. But that's just my perception of them...

As for the rental, yes, the Rendezvous is comfortable, and QUIET, too! I'm so used to the constant HUMMMMM of my tires and I got used to gauging my speed by the wind and road noise...well, the Rendezvous has no wind or road noise when the windows are closed, and well, it got away from me on several occasions. In fact, on one occasion, I caught myself flying up on this car, looked down, and realized I was going over 110!! (That's where the speedometer ends.) Right after I slowed down to about 70 (65mph limit), Instant-On KA Band hit on the Radar Detector....WHOA! That was close! And that tells me that I can never own a fast car, because I WILL get into a LOT of trouble.

I put over 1000 miles on it since picking it up yesterday and my back or legs don't hurt, which I must say is pretty good, because my knee would always bother me after a long drive in the Pathy.

I am exchanging the Rendezvous tonight for a Cobalt....it is cheaper, and will allow me to keep the rental car longer on my insurance's dime while I look for a new truck should the need arise.

I am bringing the Pathy to the doctors tomorrow after work to have her looked at...which reminds me I have to wash her tonight... sssh

At this point, I'm actually more worried that they're going to fix it and she won't ever be the same as she was, because, this is the second impact that has affected the frame. I will make a point of telling that to the body shop estimator, and see what his/her opinion is on whether or not it should be fixed.

I have already accepted the fact that my Pathfinder ownership may well be soon coming to a close. However, I don't know whether I want my truck back or to get the Frontier more. I have always wished I bought a 5-speed truck in the first place.

Also, if it is deemed "unfixable" (by insurance standpoints anyways), then I won't have to worry about potential structural issues from the frame damage, the timing belt coming up in 5k miles, or any of the other little problems that I've been having with it recently.

But, have no fear. I will be getting another Pathfinder in the near future...preferably an early-90 m/y 2-Door. Yes, they do exist with the MPI, but are very hard to come by. Similar to the Fronty I'm after.

Not that I like to see the demise of a Pathy, but it would be nice to wheel with you in something with a frame next time :D

Hope all goes well, no matter how it goes man.

Hey, I'm not the one who smashed my rocker panel, on an easy trail no less!! :P

How did you do that one, anyways? Make it down 16 without a problem (well, except for the bead, but that's an easy fix...but smash your rocker on that trail...don't remember what it was now... :shrug:

I am exchanging the Rendezvous tonight for a Cobalt....it is cheaper, and will allow me to keep the rental car longer on my insurance's dime while I look for a new truck should the need arise.

My insurance would pay $20 per day up to $600 max for a rental. Of course, you can't rent a car for that cheap so I asked if I had to rent from an agency or could I rent from a private individual. They said that as long as I documented the dates, year, make, model and got signatures, I could rent from whomever I wanted. My mother was in Atlantic City for a week so I rented her van for... can you guess?... $20 per day. Of course, I paid her the money so it wasn't insurance fraud. Of course, she just gave me $300, as a gift, to help me cover my deductable from the accident. :)

can you say "loophole"?

Edited by k9sar

My insurance will pay for any vehicle, up to a maximum of $750 per claim.

And Pezzy...if I do lose the Pathy, I've got a set of sliders with your name on `em if you're interested.

Tempting... however I prefer it work out for you.

Thanks for offering, so I dont have tp pounce like a starved vulture!