Traded in my 1995 Pathfinder XE

Patrick

I had to get rid of it. Limited slip differential was binding, the auto tranny was slipping, manifolds were leaking, the frame was rusting with two huge watermelon holes above the rear wheel wells, holes all the way thru under the rear seats, tires were bald, and it had hit a deer. The dealership gave me $2500 for it though!

Anyways just wanted to say thanks for all the help and advice. I loved my truck but it was pretty much dead.

I have a new Haynes manual for Pathfinders I will sell for $14.00 including shipping and brand new blue NGK Sparkplug wires in the box. They look really sharp and i will sell them for $60.00 including shipping. Thanks! Sincerely-Patrick

I have a new Haynes manual for Pathfinders I will sell for $14.00 including shipping

That's not a very good deal, I paid $4 each for all of my manuals (Half Price Books ;) ). I buy one everytime I go there.

its crazy what a dealership will take on trade ins. My buddies GF works at a KIA and they took an old 4x4 Jimmy that you'd have to redline just to move it (auto tranny) and rust holes you could stick your head through! now what exactly are they planning on doing with vehicles like that is what I'm wondering?

its crazy what a dealership will take on trade ins. My buddies GF works at a KIA and they took an old 4x4 Jimmy that you'd have to redline just to move it (auto tranny) and rust holes you could stick your head through! now what exactly are they planning on doing with vehicles like that is what I'm wondering?

What they do with them is sell them as scrap metal to J/Y's. Also they take out anything valuable like the gas, and the precious metals in the cat.

I traded it for a 2001 Sebring Coupe. I know its a totally different kind of vehicle. I didn't think I would ever buy a Chrysler but its pretty sharp and there aren't too many of the coupes around.

I traded it for a 2001 Sebring Coupe. I know its a totally different kind of vehicle. I didn't think I would ever buy a Chrysler but its pretty sharp and there aren't too many of the coupes around.

:confused:

Well it can't be any less reliable (or slower) than a Pathfinder! They are money pits! And also a Sebring is better on gas mileage and has enough hp to avoid being passed by kia's. hahahahaha! But seriously, you can't really compare a truck to a coupe.

Well it can't be any less reliable (or slower) than a Pathfinder! They are money pits! And also a Sebring is better on gas mileage and has enough hp to avoid being passed by kia's. hahahahaha! But seriously, you can't really compare a truck to a coupe.

Well I can't argue with owning a car simply for the speed and the gas milege, but you start to miss the 4x4 capabilities really fast when you take out an oil pan on a curb. Don't ask me how I know this.

And ANY vehicle I own is a money pit! :-) Its nicer when the money goes to upgrades rather than repairs though!

Well it can't be any less reliable (or slower) than a Pathfinder!

Might want to have the tranny on that thing checked, they like to die at about 100k miles on those. I had contemplated buying one myself at onetime.

hey patrick, my x gf mom had one and they're nice cars for sure; I just thinhk it would be hard goin from my pathy to a "car" ya know, as far as reliable I bought my 93 with 80k it now has 156+k and other than preventative maintenance and a starter and fuel filter it has been extremely reliable, never let me down, but being slow, you definitely got that right, but Im alright with that. Anyway good luck with your new ride man

I wouldn't mind getting another car, but not at the cost of the pathy. The pathy is just too cool! :cool2:

And I would never get a chrysler anything yuuk. :oops: But if you like it well that's cool.

If I were going to get a car I would be lookin for a... Nissan! Either a 240 SX with a SR20DET swap, or a 300ZX (like I could afford that) or any other Z car for that matter. If I couldn't get a Nissan for some reason (say they all just mysteriously dissapeared) I would go for a Mazda Miata or 93+ RX7 (mmmm twin turbo rotory -bounce- ) (again like I could afford that). I really miss the speed of a car (I'm probably better off going slow though... :P )

:X cringe

Hey bud, no offence, a buddy had a seabring, and I wasn't too impressed with it, but that was a few years back, and hopefuly they have improved. Enjoy, you know where we'll be at.......

I will really miss the 4 wheel drive of the Pathy........I just had really bad luck with the vehicle. And I'm not impressed with any of the newer 4X4's except the new Nissan Xterra- but it's out of my price range. Also I'm almost 6' 4. I would have loved a Nissan 300z or 240sx but I don't fit inside them. I will miss this forum though because everyone is so helpfull. I know that a Chrysler doesn't sound too appealing but it really is a nice looking car. In 2001 they redesigned it with more horsepower. And it has a Mitsubishi engine so at least that is Japanese!(from the eclipse). I'll try and post a picture soon . Anyways thanks for everything and good luck with your Pathfinder's! Sincerely-Patrick

Mitsubishi eh? Thats a bit more promising then. I tried driving a car the other day and I do not like it at all. I prefer to be a bit more upright when sitting, and the ability to see above most everything around me is a comfort I didn't really realize until I hopped into the car. It seemed like by butt was scraping on the ground, and I couldn't see squat around me. I might own a car one day, but not anytime soon.

Unfortunatly that's the 3rd gen Eclipse engine, which was smooth but nowhere near as upgradable or sporty as the 2nd gen Eclipse. That's another car on my list of cars I want a 2nd gen AWD Turbo Eclipse. Mmmm turbo -bounce- :cool2:

• 2 weeks later...
if i was going car, it'd be a 96 300z twin turbo, darn those things hold their value  :angry:

I know where a '96 Black twin turbo has been sitting for the last 3 years. Has under 30K miles. The guy hasn't driven it since he bought his Chevy Trailblazer. Been trying to buy it, but he's out of his mind on price..... :furious: