Fender Flares...

treywurst

Fender Flares...yes or no?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Fender Flares...yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

It always bothered me that most pathy's have fender flares and mine did not...so I went to the salvage yard. I found rear ones and put them on. I am starting to regret that decision. My wife loves them and wants front ones bad....Looking at my front fenders, I really like the "naked" look. What do yall think, should I just ditch the rear ones and be done?

I like them with flares. Just make sure you get in behind them with the pressure washer when you clean. Dirt loves to hang out back there and scuff up your paint.

I tried without when I first did my lift, gets dirty too fast with a wider stance. Couldn't see out the windows so I put them back on. Kinda reminds me of a Rodeo without.

I'm trying to make that same decision for my 99.5

I like the look without, and when I'm out playing in the mud I can get the truck right dirty, as my tires stick out...

but on the otherhand, the tires also toss rocks up at the paint, and rocks are not as forgiving as mud to the paint job....

I have heard that... although back in the day I was going out with a guy that had an '81 Firebird, with really wide back tires... people had warned us just the same, but no one really knew for sure... so we went down to the cop shop to ask, and they looked at us like huh, wtf?

Although, it might be worth looking into again... times may have changed, or the cops I meet today might have a clue. :)

Most places, you'll get pulled over and ticketed for not having fender flares if the tires extend past the fenders. It's a rock-chip hazard on the road, ya know?

Yeah. I took mine off and loved it, but my tires stuck out waaaay too far, and Cali cops just love to give tickets, so I put them back on 3 days later..... :angry:

Depends on how far the tyre sticks out but generally I dislike the look. I also dislike the damage that can be done to the body work when driving on gravel roads if you tyres do stick out.

I had a couple of days without flares when I ripped off the OEM flares and was replacing them with flexi flares. Didn't like it. Car was made a mess of as soon as I drove over anything that clean black tarmac...crap was flying off the road into my doors as well. Plus I was waiting for the Police to pick me up on it.

Flares all the way!

My pathy came with the fenderflares, and I had kept them on until this past winter, when a loose tire chain made landfill fodder out of my rear flares. They got dumped in some backwater cafe's dumpster.

Now, because I am an inherently busy guy (lazy some call it) I didn't get around to taking the front pair off until yesterday. I was horrified when I found a softball sided lump of sand, dirt, sticks and grass inside each! and yes, I have a good deal of scratching from little rocks getting caught along the edge of the flare.

and that leads me to my final point- How bad does your wife want front flares Treywrust?- the front flares ('91) are sitting next to my trashcan...garbage day is Friday