Jeep owners.... sheesh!

k9sar

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no relevant connection between this guy being a moron and the fact that he drives a jeep. Why are people on this forum always bashing P... and hating on JEEP'S and their owners? Bash morons and half wits all you want, but leave the JEEP'S out of it. :nono:

It's all in good fun! I sold my beloved Jeep Wrangler last Sept..and, though I miss it for the all even suntan..I do NOT miss all the BS that came with owning one. I never had a top on it after it got knifed so they could break into it.. and the break in's continued wherever I went. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Jeep..but since I sold it and the Pathy is my #1..I only began to open my eyes to the sh!t Jeep owners talk to people who wheel what they call "inferior" vehicles. Yeah, inferior til their a$$ needs to be rescued!

It is the "jeep is #1 and everyone else sucks" frame of mind in most, not all (I was one of them) Jeep owners that has caused, not just NPORA members, but a lot of people to bash (all in good fun) Jeep owners...

The poor guy who needed blinker fluid, just happedned to be unfortunate that he owned a Jeep.... did any of this make sense??????? LOL -bounce-

It's all in good fun! I sold my beloved Jeep Wrangler last Sept..and, though I miss it for the all even suntan..I do NOT miss all the BS that came with owning one. I never had a top on it after it got knifed so they could break into it.. and the break in's continued wherever I went. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Jeep..but since I sold it and the Pathy is my #1..I only began to open my eyes to the sh!t Jeep owners talk to people who wheel what they call "inferior" vehicles. Yeah, inferior til their a$$ needs to be rescued!

It is the "jeep is #1 and everyone else sucks" frame of mind in most, not all (I was one of them) Jeep owners that has caused, not just NPORA members, but a lot of people to bash (all in good fun) Jeep owners...

The poor guy who needed blinker fluid, just happedned to be unfortunate that he owned a Jeep.... did any of this make sense??????? LOL

Well, you may say it all in good fun, and from reading your posts yes your remarks do seem to be in good taste, which is more then I can say for allot of other members. I've rolled with my friend in his 94 JGC for a couple of years now and I know it to be quite capable off road, and a very reliable vehicle. I don't want to make this a big issue or a JEEP VS PATHY argument, It's just that It kind of hurts to see all of you slinging around degrading remarks about JEEPS when I happen to know their not as terrible as you all say. I've only been a member here a very short while and already the

"jeep is #1 and everyone else sucks"
frame of mind you pegged on JEEP owners seems to be the domineering attitude around here only with Pathfinder in place of the JEEP in your quote. I just think it would be nice if more people would humble themselves and keep an open mind to the possibility of other rigs being capable as well instead of continually insisting their pathy is c0ck of the walk.

Hey NR, just to get things straight 1-1, I have no problems with Jeeps, I just don't want to own one. While I think all but a few JGC are jokes played on mall shoppers wanting the 4x4 attitude, some of the baddest rigs I have seen are CJ's (yes and a few JC's). There is no doubt that some are VERY capable, but I think you will find that is more with the hardcore crowd who re-work them. The Pathy side is that here is a vehicle that is just as capable as a JGC (stock) but receives little recognition for the fact, and virtually no support from the offroad aftermarket companys. Why, I don't know as I see 88-95 pathys everywhere. One thing I think Pathys have over the JGC is the quality of build and reliability, and so do most here. I respect anyone who goes off road, even Mudfinders geo tracker buddy (maybe even more so). It's just a love to hate thing by a somewhat maligned group that don't care for the "it's not a jeep" thing. It is not personal... Think it of the brunette having no patience for the "Blondes have (are) more fun" thing. Give me a raven haired beauty any day !! :D

Bernard

It's just like the attitude I saw from a lot of Harley owners when I rode a Honda sportbike. If you're not familiar with motorcycle road manners, any time you see another person on a bike you give them a wave of acknowledgement as if to recognize a kindred spirit on the road. I would get a wave from about 5% of Harley guys and I had a darn nice bike after all the mods I did (more than just buy some bolt-on chrome crap from the dealer). Some Jeep owners are like Harley owners in that they spend a lot of cash to be in an "exclusive" club and close their eyes to the benefits and capabilities of other vehicles, hence the attittude of non-Jeepers towards them. ---end of rant---

LOL, while it aint no rubicon, take a look at Mudfinders picts and see... Then, while you are snickering, drop your truck into the same rut. For the record, I see a different path I'd take in the photos, but then thats 'cause I'm a weenie and hate bending things and getting stuck...

B

Thank you for your insight. I liked your comparison to brunette's and blonds; it really is quite the same isn’t it? Another thing you brought up, about there being 88-95 pathys everywhere, It's true, everywhere I go there are always tons of them, outnumbering the jeeps I see almost 2 to 1 (and yes I've counted and kept track on several days lol) yet they hardly get any recognition, why is that? :wacko:

Give me a raven haired beauty any day !!

AMEN to that!!! :aok:

I don't tango until I'm in the backseat... -bounce-

Nice. FYI: a twin air bed fits fine between the fenders with the back seats folded down, at least on a 4 door. Do with this knowledge what you will.

I shopped Jeeps shortly in the beginning, but the reliability question and my previous Nissan expericne (720 King Cab 4x4) pushed me to the Pathy. I don't like pushing vehicles and calling tow trucks (most American brands). ;)

Nice. FYI: a twin air bed fits fine between the fenders with the back seats folded down, at least on a 4 door. Do with this knowledge what you will.

This I know to be true, and they fit in the back of the 2-doors, too. Have had one for years ~ the main reason for not lugging around 1000w amps and 4 12's in a bandpass. I like using the cargo area for cargo ~ and other things... :bed:

Edited by hardwaretoad

Sheesh, he calls a twin air bed "cargo" and uses it for "other" things... I wonder what he has for hardware back there ?? Wait, he IS hardwaretoad !!! Oh, god, I forming some sort of sick mental image... MEDIC !!! :P

B

FYI: I do carry a 1000 watt Alpine amp, 2 subs in a big box, etc. etc. Its all about logistics! I have a taller box screwed to the floor that hugs the fender well and still allows the mattress. But we've been together for several years, so now a quick trip to the woods involves 500lbs of gear filling the back and roof, a tent with the air bed, every kitchen tool and convenience know to man, etc. etc. At least we still go to the woods! By the way, Pathy's rock Sheep. Um, yeah.

NR,

I shopped Jeeps shortly in the beginning, but the reliability question and my previous Nissan expericne (720 King Cab 4x4) pushed me to the Pathy. I don't like pushing vehicles and calling tow trucks (most American brands).   ;)

HEEPS suck man... everyone i know that rides one constantly turns wrenches.. i am on my second pathy and have had relatively few problems to deal with... there is better parts support with heeps and yotas but pathys are tough and comfortable..

Hey... NR's right... we shouldn't keep bashing jeep owners. Heck, it's not like they're canadians or something. Now there's some bashing that needs to happen!

:P:hide:

Hey... NR's right... we shouldn't keep bashing jeep owners.  Heck, it's not like they're canadians or something.  Now there's some bashing that needs to happen!

:P  :hide:

D@MN YOU!!!!! :P

At least the Canadians on here have the common sense not to drive HEEPS!!!! :cool2:

Edited by Simon