Will Doug Thorley headers from a 97' 3.0 fit on a 89' 3.0?

Backpacker

I found an 88' on craigslist with a bad ecu for $600 with lots of goodies on it I would like to throw on my 89'.

Nissan pre runner style bumper, stainless magna flow exhaust, thorley headers(it has a 97' 3.0 swapped in it), tubular upper control arms, sway away torsion bars, HD rear coils, and a limited slip(mines open). Seems like a great price for all that stuff plus all the other parts I could pull over the years. Just wondering what I could put to use from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't waste my time with that LSD sell it to a sucker and get a real locker in there. I have an LSD and it's a nightmare. It'll get you killed when it's wet or Icy and won't do a darn thing in the mud.

Sounds like a score! You say it's got a '97 engine, you sure that's not a 3.3? AFAIK there shouldn't be much that won't exchange between an '88 and an '89. I would be a little wary of wiring and sensors, though, until you figure out what killed the ECU (if the ECU is in fact the problem).

I say go for the LSD. I drive on wet roads and through snow a lot this time of year and it hasn't killed me even a little. Yeah, it gets tail-happy if you stand on it, but I don't stand on it when the road's slick. The few times I drove my dad's open-diff R50 I found myself spinning tires where my WD21 didn't. Not even wheeling, just starting off on gravel. I have had the LSD let me down in deep snow, but to be fair, I was pushing through wet snow up to the frame on summer tires... I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I did with an open diff.

And I like my cat :shiftyeyes:

• Like 1

I wouldn't waste my time with that LSD sell it to a sucker and get a real locker in there. I have an LSD and it's a nightmare. It'll get you killed when it's wet or Icy and won't do a darn thing in the mud.

Yeah that's a good idea. I've been weighing the two options lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's only the crappy r50, and xterra LSD. The wd21 version is way better from the factory. 200+lbs breakaway if i remember correct.