Optional Oem add-ons and upgrades

Cuong Nguyen

I was at the pick and pull to snag a fuel pump and saw a 90 pathfinder with blue interior and it had a cargo mat! I pulled it out and forgot to snag it! I'll be heading back to retrieve it before some guy spills oil all over it. Can someone confirm this is true? What other dealer options were available?

I believe there were supports either side of the rear speakers that were for a rear cargo cover. It was a fibre board jobby covered in black felt that had a crease line with holes that lined up with those two bolts in the back of the rear seats so you could fold it up when storing stuff. I would say most people have likely removed them because they were a pain and have them stored away/thrown out/used on a camp fire lol. Would be a good diy project though.

I would be down with a real cargo mat that was thick, firm and held in place WITH access to the tie-downs if it went from the rear hatch all the way to the top of the rear seats, but, alas, it was not to be. It would have made sliding in my welder, cutoff saw and engine hoist far easier.

I would be down with a real cargo mat that was thick, firm and held in place WITH access to the tie-downs if it went from the rear hatch all the way to the top of the rear seats, but, alas, it was not to be. It would have made sliding in my welder, cutoff saw and engine hoist far easier.

That would be nice

Here's the list of OEM options that were available in 1991. This is from the Truck Accessory Brochure on NICO Club's site. It lists the rear cargo mat (which was news to me), but everything else on the list I've heard of or seen before.Accessories_1991_24.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Wonder if any of those warmers are still kicking around. I like how the security system picture's got three yellow dots for the hood pin and the door switches, then a bunch of red dots because somebody on the sales team thought it would look more impressive that way.

• Like 1

so you take the battery out and bring it into your house and then stick an electric blanket around it? that's tickled me that has

No you'd have it installed on the battery, open the hood then connect it to a power point in your garage or use a cable extension cord into your home.

I wonder what the winch looks like! I know that factory grill guard thing was nowhere beefy enough to have a winch on it. One of my trucks had some form of household carpet in the back, it looks mostly factory as they had used the tie downs to keep it in place.

You can usually get a vehicle with _either_ a block heater or a battery warmer. I can actually say that I've never seen anyone who ran both at the same time. My VW, the Volvo and the Corolla wagon all had battery covers that were insulated but none had a battery heater. Since I use full synthetic oil I have no need for either the battery heater or the block heater, I also live in a 3rd floor apartment in the city and have no way of getting anything plugged into anywhere that isn't going to be stolen overnight by those little bastards that steal and scribble on walls.

I wonder what the winch looks like! I know that factory grill guard thing was nowhere beefy enough to have a winch on it. One of my trucks had some form of household carpet in the back, it looks mostly factory as they had used the tie downs to keep it in place.

http://www.noas4x4club.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=13

Factory winch on factory grill guard.

That uses flat bar to go around the headlights. The one I had on my truck was round bar... oh wait, I had a 95 so I'm sure they changed it to flow with the rest of the truck. Where that thing mounted to seems so chintzy! I think I bent it love tapping a friend with a smittybilt bumper.