What's up, I'm back in the game!

sleeper00

What's up everyone,

My name is Joe, but everyone calls me Joey O. I've been in the offroad game for a long time with the Xterra crowd and was an officer in GPAX (Greater Pennsylvania Area Xterras) for a few years handling sponsorships and event coordinating for our runs. I'm not currently an officer, but you never know what the future will bring. I started my offroading with my 06 Xterra S, and after 6 long years of bouncing her off rocks in the trails at Rausch Creek, PA, George Washington State Forest, Moab, UT, "The Path" outside Grand Junction, CO, and other miscellaneous locations, I sold my rig "Overkill" to a friend of mine and thought I could stay away.

I'm starting a new build that will also be my Daily Driver. I chose this platform for the following reasons:

1) cast iron R200A Front Diff (strong and Air locker friendly)

2) H223B Rear Axle (the Ford 9 inch meets D60 of the Nissan world)

3) The Manual shift selector for the transfer case (abs issues cant prevent 4wd)

4) The newer technology VQ series motor (reliability)

5) The Unibody frame has proven to be pretty stout offroad

My Goal for this build is to Overland with it, but keep it daily friendly. I do want it to be capable though and I plan to wheel it. Of course, this thread is worthless without pics, so without further adue, my old rig Overkill.

Shocker007OverKill%202%20of%201_zps5frnb

IMG_511286298942325_zps09851fb3.jpg

IMG_511246876448817_zpsa278d501.jpg

IMG_511272800514126_zpsf3aac8c1.jpg

IMG_2030_zpsc440849a.jpg

joey4-1.jpg

Edited by sleeper00
  • Like 1

That's sweet, looks like you had some fun with that.

Those items you listed are the things I like about the R50 (except our bastard version of the R200A), too. But one unfortunate truth is that our aftermarket is lousy...we don't have hardly any of the parts you had on your X. So, there's definitely a bit of a challenge with ours. But, for sure, it's still a very capable rig.

Welcome!

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 1

I thought it was a fluke weak diff for a second... I got worried. Nothing could be weaker than the good ol' R180 Aluminum diff in my old X. She only lasted a short while when I was on 33s. Then I had a 4.10 geared M205 from a Titan. I still have more faith in the R200A over both of those. Can't beat that cast iron strength and with dual ARBs crawl gears and 33's, I'm sure I'll be good to go. Now if only I had a solid plan for suspension...

• Like 1

Thanks. My plans are to build it into a daily driver friendly Overland build. I plan to set up a build thread as soon as I get some better pictures of my new girl. BTW, just because i'm gearing more towards overlanding, it doesn't mean I don't plan to wheel the piss out of her! Cheers!