worst oil filter location EVER!

BendRed

Man , I dont know whats with you guys .

I do those daily at my shop and its a cake walk .

Just put on the insulated gloves for this one and walla .

Oil change in 10 minutes or less.

Agreed... I take it loose and let it drain out a such as it can while doing the rest of the LOF then come back to it. After that it's fine. Just gotta be careful is all.

Man , I dont know whats with you guys .

I do those daily at my shop and its a cake walk .

Just put on the insulated gloves for this one and walla .

Oil change in 10 minutes or less.

:rofl: ahahahhahahhahahahaha

3.5L for the win... right in front, at the right angle, and has a nice drip tray. I was stoked when I saw that. You'd have to try to make a mess.

I have a 3.5 in '03 Pathfinder. The cleanest, easiest change, ever. And I've had a lot of changes over the years. I love the drip channel! Plus I can do it all with only sticking my head under the front bumper. My first car had an oil bath filter...anyone old enough to know what that is?

Edited by kdj

I have a 3.5 in '03 Pathfinder. The cleanest, easiest change, ever. And I've had a lot of changes over the years. I love the drip channel! Plus I can do it all with only sticking my head under the front bumper. My first car had an oil bath filter...anyone old enough to know what that is?

Old air cooled VWs have them, to name one... ;)

B

I never had a VW older than '67 but I had a '62 Plymouth and a '54 Massy Fergesun , '60 Benz. with the oil bath. 3.5 best ever.

Edited by kdj

Hah.. filter my A**.... that thing is lucky that I call it a screeeenn.

VWC-111-115-175-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure he was talking about an oil bath air filter, but yes, you are right, that is the oil filter in an air cooled VW that catches the pieces of piston #3 when it finally comes apart from running the hottest... :D

B