I can't seem to roll my passenger window up from my drivers seat 95 WD21 XE

Thebluejay

So I bought my pathy about a year ago and am just now getting around to fixing this problem and don't know exactly where to start. I can roll all my windows down from my drivers seat but when I try to roll the passenger front window back up. I get no response. Any ideas on the problem/fix. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well first of all, Welcome to NPORA.

Second, If you must use tapatalk, please ignore the errors that it gives you when posting. Refresh the post/topic view after you receive the error and you will see that your post/thread was in fact submitted. *goes to delete the other two identical threads* tapatalk sucks

Now about your window problem.

Does it work using the passenger side switch? If it does then pull the drivers side switch assembly out, make sure the connectors and fully seated. If they are then pull off the connector, clean the contacts and see if that works. Still not working? Take the switch assembly apart and clean the button contacts.

Edited by RedPath88
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on tapatalk screwup. And it does roll up and down from the passenger side but it does not roll up from the drivers side I'll check the button contacts tomorrow

+1, if the fault is only from the driver's side switch, sounds like something got into the switches there. Hopefully it's a simple cleaning job and not something in the wiring.

One word of advice for when you're taking it apart, stick to contact cleaner/alcohol/household cleaners. I can't remember if I tried brake cleaner or carb cleaner to get the cigarette tar out of mine but long story short it didn't work and the plastic kinda dissolved. :broken:

• Like 1

I had the same problem and traced mine to 2 different issues: 1) the wiring to the power window amplifier in the passenger footwell was so corroded that the wire pulled itself out when I was messing with the blower housing. ( no up/down at all); 2) the wires that go to the door switch were worn through from road vibration and grounded out when I moved the amplifier, but would occasionally contact as soon as I wiggled the harness a bit. I re-wired the complete door harness and power window amplifier.... and hated every minute of it... but it works like a champ from both sides!

I'm betting its the contacts on the buttons. Happened to me as well. I just cleaned them up with some fine sandpaper. Try pressing really hard on the up part I bet it will work.

If you are taking apart the switch be very careful if you have a window lock button. What makes the button stay down when pushed is a small steel ball. I have a switch at home that I couldn't get the window lock to work properly after the ball fell out. I put the ball back in and it doesn't work properly.

Jumping ahead a bit here, just in case... but if cleaning does not work and you decide to look for another, say in a wrecking yard, do not limit yourself to Pathfinders. Look at other four door Nissans and Infinity's of similar era. When we rebuilt MrJim (a 1994), I was unable to find a good switch assembly in a Pathfinder and decided to give other vehicles a once over. Well I found a matching one in a car. I "think" it was a Maxima and iirc had a slightly different bracket or housing, but the switch assembly was the same, clear down to the connector. :aok:

Rad thank you guys so much for the support this is such a great forum and I've gotten so much use out of it.