7 day build throw down.

greenda3

So this weekend my fiance leaves for vacation. What that means to me is i get her lexus for 7 days and i can tear into my pathfinder without having to drive it! Ive already aquired the wheels lift cv and tires to start. New hubs and lights as well. But being the guy i am, i ordered the steel for rock sliders and bumpers as well. No clue how far i can get in this short time but figure a build thread woukd be fun as ive never done one. So wish me luck and feel free to tell me when im screwing up. Also any tips on pics using taptalk? Im a tech caveman.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

b5639fd2862f4fc21df5758e6a985180.jpg

Also got it on the lift today and did main seals fluids fuel filtet ect. The more i work on ut the more i love these little trucks! And its way cleaner than i thought. I think its gonna be less beater and more carefull build with aesthetics in mind.

Congrats on the fiance going out if town! First bit of advise from what my father in-law tells me, "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission"!

If you love the pathfinder, get as much done to it as possible before you get married!

Lastly never ever tell your fiance/wife that you've spent more than $100.00 no matter what you do to it!

Congrats and enjoy the pathfinder! And maybe the fiance/wife 3 weeks out of the month

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks. Im quite lucky, after i finish they pathy she wants me to start a scout build for her. Its like hitting the lotto.

Lol, I can appreciate that! When my wife and I were dating, took her dirt bike riding. It was a nasty, rainy, sloppy, muddy day. She told me that she could ride. That girl jumped on a YZ250, dropped the clutch and needless to say 18 years later she's still my buddy!

Still don't tell her that I've spent more than $100 on anything I buy! Your in the right place. There is a ton of information here and some really clever modifications outlined in this forum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So i always use 13/4 .120 wall dom on my fullsize trucks. But got to thinking about weight today. My auto pathy is already a tad sluggish so whats the overall thoughts on the added weight off all the cool offroad gear and accessories??

Meh, mine is heavy too, full

Steel winch bumper, 33's, rear hitch carrier with full size spare and jerries. Rock sliders to come. The pathy was never a powerhouse to begin with and yes this stuff slows it down some more. But it's all good. Still performs like a champ even under full expedition load. Nobody's gonna win any races with it, but IMO all the add ons are what makes this truck awesome.

• Like 1

So i scored a couple solid axles today. One being a 03 taco rear with electric locker! Ill save these for winter, however now i wont be makig a sfd. My spacer lift should be here soon( thanks fluery) and ill spend this week on mostly all the metalfab and painting that needs done as well as some other odds and ends. One wuestion, my 15x8 wheels have 3.75 backspace. Will 33 on these clear the strut? Idk about rubbing elsewhere. I got a swzall and a good mig welder. :)

I have the same rims and tires.

I mounted them before any lift.

I got 33x 12.5. If you get narrower tires it will rub less.

But in my case, I had to cut out the bottom 6" of the plastic fender liner.

Then, behind the tire I had to fold back some of the metal at the very bottom of the fender.

The front plastic was still rubbed by sharp turns, but I am considering using a heat gun to clearance it rather than more cutting (which might expose some of the engine compartment to spray)

I now have a 4" lift all around and only the smallest rub. It has more clearance after the lift and probably could have allowed for even less cutting if I had done this after the lift.

So i always use 13/4 .120 wall dom on my fullsize trucks. But got to thinking about weight today. My auto pathy is already a tad sluggish so whats the overall thoughts on the added weight off all the cool offroad gear and accessories??

Check out theexbrit's rig if you want to see how much crap you can pile in/on a R50... :lol:

B

So i started my throwdown by slipping a disc in my back!!! However, i refuse to be stopped so i did what i could today.

017351a051db527aa387a38b2f05c106.jpgcebfa80934c19be79baf136455f6463c.jpge4c9b554fbaa9621399640498b6848ea.jpgd340bbaa7cf4b56fee96e2f984f37d96.jpg

• Like 1

Spent all day fixing my pc former my software to bend up the tubing. On the plus side it was 107 in the shop. Hope to have the bumper paint ready tomorrow night then stRt the rear. Any one seen any good tube rears i can use for inspiration?

At least the heat will keep your back warm. :(

I know what you're going through because I've had the ruptured disc thing for 30 years now.

I think I'll drive over to your place tonight and we will fabricate 2 sets of bumpers together. I'll bring the beer, you bring the welder!

• Like 1

1322f2bfb135d0d134c97c9cebc5f8e0.jpg

The winch mount was tricky. I wanted a fully unboltable assembly and strong to boot. Ill take pics of the mounts after i fully weld it on the bench. I used factory top mounts as well as the "stub" mounts below and tow hooks on the lower core support.

• Like 1

Im moving slow and hurtin bad. My budfys going to help me bend the rest up tonight. Our bender is not hydraulic so it takes some serious ass to pull it. Im doing what i can but feeling defeated. Also our lexus rad cracked a plastic tank yesterday. So theres that....