Anybody know how he did this

thorpe991

That snout looks's like my '03. I'm going to measure it tomorrow and see how much room is actually in there. I know without the AC conderser in there would give a few more inches. Hummm maybe!

Looks like a nice piece of fab for sure.

would have to clearance some things for sure. "clearance" generic term meaning if it does not fit cut it. hehe

probably some sort of fabbed cross support attached to the frame. Can't tell from the pic, but i would sure like to see.

Pat

Hmm, that looks like a Nissan option to me...it's perfect, the contour matches the fender. Or there is someone out there building really great winch bumpers for R50s.

Its probably similar to what Dustin did with his front bash/bull/light bar, there is A-TON of space behind the front bumper of a preface lifted R50, and i can only assume there is even more with the pumped up one they gave the updated model. So if i had to guess, measure twice, cut, test fit, repeat was his motto....

-Kyle

yes the center receiver hitch piece slides into and is bolted to the side plates. I was originally going to make it a removable receiver winch winch but decided against it. It is completely bolt on except for the bars running across the lower rad support, they are welded to each side plate.

4436916b-e0e2-4a50-9158-1d3e555657d8_zps

The slot with the curved piece is to accommodate a pinch seam behind the bumper. I did not want to cut or weld anything on the pathfinder aside from the bumper. In hindsight, I could have just cut it off. The factory towhooks were cut and welded to the plate to utilize bottom bolt holes

ea9f29e9-58f5-4ad5-8e18-c96cdc850978_zps

85ee225b-fa8d-40c0-9434-afb194aeb835_zps

• Like 2

how is air flow to the radiator? does it run hot

It seems to run fine with the lost air flow. I have watched the temperature closely with a scanguage. I have put on 100 000 kilometers since the install and have had no problems.

Is that just a universal reses hitch?

No. It is all guess, measure twice, cut, test fit, weld, &*$#@!, cut repeat

• Like 2