CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

SketchUp took some getting used to for me also. I expected some complicated features, clicks, and keystrokes, and got a little frustrated at first probably because of that expectation. It's dumbed down in a good way; probably easier to grasp if you haven't used a CAD program before. Can't say I've used it for anything complex, but I do find it to be very useful for my hobbies and projects. I also once used it to mock up a floorplan when we needed to rearrange some cubicles at our office. I drew in a small bar, stripper's pole, and imported clips of bikini-clad (or less) models. The proposal for those items was declined, but it was very helpful in visualizing our potential working space (sans sexy coed receptionist, also rejected).

Edited by hawairish

I'm on a 5 day long weekend so I am missing out on quite a bit of exploring time. I was actually planning on a trip down for the 4th but too many obstacles, including not having the Pathy lol.

Hey CDN_S4-

Would the shop be opposed to taking a few shots of the problem area and his solution? I have oxidation on the inner bitsdof mine too and it would be helpful for future SFD folks to see this obstacle and potential fix

For the SFD, does the rear really need the KJ coils? Or will the OME plus 2" coil spacers be enough to keep the truck sitting even, if I don't use the strut spacers, other than KFB metal spacers from the kit?

Or can I put the SFD in without the strut spacers and get the lift through the Front HD OME and coils and fleury spacers?

If you don't use the KrF strut spacers, you'll sit exactly how you sit today, which means you can keep your OMEs + 2" spring spacers. It's when you use the strut spacers (in lieu of whatever strut spacers you've currently got) that you might need to think about longer rear springs. But...since your winch and bumper probably offset the lift from the OMEs (so let's assume 0" lift there), the strut spacers add 4", which should be a good pairing for your rear OMEs + 2". You might sit a little high up front maybe, but should be close to level I would think.

Understandable. You live in CAN, not CA! But the nice part is that you'll have the option to either remove a front spacer, or increase the rear spacer size to dial it in.

Though, on my setup, with 2" of front and rear spacers and OMEs around (MDs up front, no winch or bumper), I have a rake. Your setup should be no different if you don't use the strut spacers.

So the Pathy will be ready tomorrow....I don't know yet if it will sit funny as the shop hasn't put the wheels on yet, but all the spacers are in. He also revisited the bumper mounts and made it sit closer to the motor, less overbite.

I also bought a trasharoo bag. And I thought of a simple solution to close the wide gap between the spare tire and the trunk on the hitch carrier. TURN IT AROUND!! I will simply turn it around so the metal brace will be outside and the tire will be right at the tailgate. With the trasharoo, it will cover it up and probably won't even look bad. I also want to relocate the Jerrys to the sides of the spare. Stay tuned my friends...

• Like 1

My guy said when he went to jack up the front that there was no travel in the springs, the tires lifted off after 1" of lifting. I might put the OEM ones back in to have it sag a bit more under the bumper weight and get more flex out of the suspension. Is this supposed to happen with OMU?! Seems strange

That looks great. Sorry if you have covered this elsewhere, but what fender flares are you using? They don't look stock.

Thanks,

They are generic flex fenders. You cut them to your needs. Many stores carry them. Not sure of the brand. Install was a bit of a pain due to rust and cut fenders. So I had to cut more to fold over a lip to screw them into.

No, shouldn't be any noticeable difference in steering. Did he rotate the steering rack? That's a must, otherwise the steering link will bind. Per Woodward, ideal angle is <20 degs; max is 32 degs. For mine, I was already close to max. After rotating, I ended up around 22 degs, I think.

If the TREs are more level now (which they should be), then there's really no other source for hard steering.

So far so good. Front measures a bit higher than rear. I can't tell from the photo. Also front bumper has been recessed and the light bar moved forward to protect the winch.

5b9863d2efaa15226b288cd9aa0c9b0b.jpg

3da1be958f145e2872ce65766fdc725d.jpg

• Like 2