New BF Goodrich all terrain tire coming

ahardb0dy

Interesting hybrid of the classic BFG AT and the old school MT. I could see this as a good tire to run on a light duty wheeler and/or in the drier climes, it should be reasonably smooth and quiet, but still has digging lugs for those situations. It'll be interesting to see what the rubber compound and side wall strength is like.

DOT numbers pretty much ensures it will be publicly available, unless that is a requirement to run in the race. I'm guessing that they just wanted a Baja win before going to market...

B

Now that's what i call a tire! I looked at the original TA K/O's and didn't like how boring they were, they a pathetic side wall, hence DURATRAC!! but i think they finally took a leaf from Goodyear's book and made a more aggressive all terrain...

Thanks for the post!!

the TA K/O is an excellent tire. function > form bro.

agree, and i never meant to imply that is wasn't, tons of people i know on here and locally run and love that tire, and i fear that my reasoning is a little lame for what i wrote, and i probably should have worded it differently,but the main reason i went with my duratracs was first hand experience in my buddies durango, i tried looking at different tires, but for what i had experienced in his car, i had no reason to try anything else.

-Kyle

Just depends on what you want. The main point is that the BFG AT KO is no longer the only good all-terrain game in town. There's a lot of other options that are just as, if not more capable in many respects.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

And it's here. Okay guys, most of you probably know the BFG A/T KO irritates the crap outta me, I guess because the market is so extremely saturated with them. So it should come as a surprise to everyone here when I say, this new A/T KO 2 looks bad ass! Yes, I'm actually excited about a new BFG tire. This thing looks really, reallly good. The sidewall test on their website made me cringe. I'm impressed folks. Oh yeah, it's really friggin expensive too. A 30" tire in a 16" rim is roughly $230!

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/name/all-terrain-t-a-ko2-tires

Looking forward to this coming out. I'm due for tires in about a month (perfect timing I know :D) and it's between these and the Cooper AT3s. Needless to say, I'm really warming up to the BFGs, really nice tech in them.

I would probably buy the bfg over the Goodyear now that I've had both. The dura Tracs have been the worst tire I've ever owned.

Lots of sidewall issues with the duratracs in the deserts out here, but no problems on my dad's truck. I don't get it...