How can the new owner find out what options were installed?

SpecialWarr

I am happy to be the owner of a new-to-me '90 Pathy. Since I bought it from a guy who had thrown out most of the paperwork ( paid $700 CAD) I thusly have a small annoyance. I would just like to know what options were installed when it was new. Where to even begin to find that kind of info?

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

The VIN won't tell you what options it has.

I generally like to sit in the driver seat and look around to see what gadgets I have.

Being a 1990, is it a four door, or a two door? If you have a two door, HOLD ON TO IT! They reckon less than 1000 were made.

Is it an SE or an XE? It should say so on the liftgate. As far as options, heres what I can rattle off the top of my head.

The SE model is usually outfitted pretty well; sunroof, adjustable suspension dampening, rear disc brakes with a limited slip differential and 31x10.50 tires. Other options include a swing away tire carrier, alarm/keyless entry, front fog lights, heated side mirrors, heated (leather is rare) seats, cruise control, and a 6 speaker stereo system which all, excluding the heated seats, came standard on the SE.

The XE model is generally pretty bare with chintsier interior. Rear drum brakes and a limited slip IF you're lucky. Along with any, or all, of the optional equipment that came standard on the SE but with 235/75 sized tires.

Here is what your Vin number revealed:

9uvgix.jpg

Model number that comes up from entering the Vin number decodes as follows:

Model number - VHLYD21DPKBN33

V = VAN
H = VG30 ENGINE
L = LEFT HAND DRIVE
Y = 4WD SHORT BODY
D21 = MODEL
D = 4 DOOR
P = SE TRIM
K = 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLOOR SHIFT
B = EGI
N = CANADA
33 = PACKAGE 30,31 AND 32

30 = AM/FM 4 SPEAKER ELECTRIC CASSETTE RADIO
31 = 30 AND SPORTS PACK (SUNROOF, ALLOY WHEEL, 31-10.50R15 TIRE
REAR SPARE TIRE HANGER, ADJUSTABLE SHOCK ABSORBERS, LIMITED SLIP DIFF
REAR DISC BRAKES)
32 = 30 AND POWER PACK ( POWER WINDOW, AUTO DOOR LOCK, ELECTRIC OUTSIDE MIRROR)

The SE model is usually outfitted pretty well; sunroof, adjustable suspension dampening, rear disc brakes with a limited slip differential and 31x10.50 tires. Other options include a swing away tire carrier, alarm/keyless entry, front fog lights, heated side mirrors, heated (leather is rare) seats, cruise control, and a 6 speaker stereo system which all, excluding the heated seats, came standard on the SE.

The XE model is generally pretty bare with chintsier interior. Rear drum brakes and a limited slip IF you're lucky. Along with any, or all, of the optional equipment that came standard on the SE but with 235/75 sized tires.

SE also has option for dual trip odometers IIRC.

I wouldn't exactly call the XE interior cheap, it is basically the same other than seats and carpet. Both of mine came with LSD, tire carrier, heated mirrors and fog lights.

According to this limited sample the XE model is 50% likely to have LSD and the SE is 75% likely. Also SE owners outnumber XE owners by 2:1, or are twice as likely respond to polls.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/20182-wd21-owners-what-drive-trainmodel-trim-do-you-have/?mode=show

Quantitative data. :aok:

B

"SE also has option for dual trip odometers IIRC."

mine does

Good info B!

My SE did not have dual trips, but I did swap out the cluster for one that did, which also happened to drop 20,000 miles off my odometer! :aok:

Sweet! Thanks for the information..... I didn't see that ajustable shock while I was down there but there is a switch behind the handbrake. LSD could be fun during the spring. I currently have some cheap-ass tires in a 265-75-15 on the truck but they are on stocck steelies, not alloy rims.... but check on everything else. Sunroof, power windows, door locks, mirrors, Grant Challenger steering wheel :lmao: and the dual trip odometers... Though that 4 speaker system is now down to one speaker only. I would love to figure out how to bypass the amp and try out the other speakers but that will be for when it gets warmer and there isn't an oil leak, grease coming out of places like the front transfer case or inner cv joint, leaky injectors and funky running engine.... All on the list of things to fix.