Starting the Restoration....

89Rotary

Alright, so. my truck is kinda scary on the highway because pretty much the whole front end is loose. lol i'm willing to bet i don't have a single good solid bushing.

i figured, since i'm in the process of buying new tires for my Pathy. i might as well rebuild the front end.

NOW, my plans are to buy a lift kit. i wanted to use 4x4parts.com's upper control arms teamed with ZJ Springs to gain about 2.5", with a 2" body lift. not planning to run that large of tire, but i do like the look.

So, on that note.

wheres the best place to get the bushings i need?

Stock Rubber vs Poly Bushings?

This will be a piece by piece part ordering since i'm a broke ass Nissan Technician lol

(unless i can get a bushing kit for a good price lol)

being a Professional tech, can't you buy parts at whole sale? poly bushings are supposed to last longer.

i've bought a couple parts here at Nissan, but parts for the WD's are dwindling. and usually cost near as close to aftermarket Poly stuff. (one of the reasons i asked against Rubber vs Poly) i'm pretty sure i'm going to be buying major stuff here like New Radius Arms and the new Radius Arm Brackets here due to avaliablity.

eBay: energy suspension makes good kits for not too much. They're listed as poly bushings but unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with them... I plan on using them just because they're cheap and my stock rubber ones are pretty much gone!

The poly ones give better handling and a less squishy feel but they do not last as long, at least not in the front control arms. I changed mine twice on my old pathy before I put the rubber style back in.

I recommend staying away from genuine nissan parts, like they have said, the parts are becoming less and less uncommon, but the price, the price is stupid, lower compression rod bushings, 80$ for a set of 4 (chances are you'll be replacing those) I heard people paid $20 for a set of polys

I run energy suspension extended poly front sway bar kit and energy suspension radius arm Bushings. No issues at all after 4 years. I just received the prothane upper and lower control arm Bushings set and they look to be really nice stuff. Self lubrication teflon impregnated poly. Make sure u buy the black poly whether its from es or prothane. Black has teflon inside, red bushings don't. The teflon increases the wear life of rotating Bushings (ucas and lcas). I also use them on my 240sx and same thing there. They last great for me.7 years strong in the 240. I'm a fan of poly.

I run energy suspension extended poly front sway bar kit and energy suspension radius arm Bushings. No issues at all after 4 years. I just received the prothane upper and lower control arm Bushings set and they look to be really nice stuff. Self lubrication teflon impregnated poly. Make sure u buy the black poly whether its from es or prothane. Black has teflon inside, red bushings don't. The teflon increases the wear life of rotating Bushings (ucas and lcas). I also use them on my 240sx and same thing there. They last great for me.7 years strong in the 240. I'm a fan of poly.

wow, i wouldn't have guessed that! i was gonna order red because they "look" upgraded lol. but i'll definatly order the blacks instead in that case!

still trying to figure out which bushings i "need" names of things still throw me for a loop. nissan calls them one thing, and everyone else calls it somthing else. weird.

so, i'm thinking my list goes as follows:

Lower Control Arm Bushings: Poly

Upper Control Arm Bushings: Poly

Radius Arm Bushings: Poly/Factory (depending on if it needs rings welded for repairs)

Sway Bar End Links: Poly

Sway bar Bushings: Factory (already replaced them)

This should take care of the Front right? lol

My truck doesn't get driven on the highway anymore for just this reason. I rebuilt my front end years ago (not the bushings though) and it is wore out again. Time to do the hard parts and bushings this time. There is a thread that has some part numbers and links to amazon for some energy suspension poly bushings. It's in the Garage section IIRC.

My truck doesn't get driven on the highway anymore for just this reason. I rebuilt my front end years ago (not the bushings though) and it is wore out again. Time to do the hard parts and bushings this time. There is a thread that has some part numbers and links to amazon for some energy suspension poly bushings. It's in the Garage section IIRC.

oh perfect i'll give that a glance, thank you very much!

Make sure you use good ball joints, especially for the lowers. They aren't extremely hard to change but I bought the cheap ones twice, never again.

Thankfully, this truck already has New Upper & Lower Ball joints, and New Outer Tie Rods. All work performed by Nissan 2 months before i bought the truck (receipts were provided upon purchasing the truck lol) needs the Center Link now though, i can feel some play in that one.

Actually Happy, Here at My Nissan Dealer we can get the Strut Rod/Radius Arms/Tension Rods (lol too many names) for about 65$ a piece. i'm pretty sure Any Nissan can order. heres the Part Number 54470 - 31G00

Can get that same part number online Nissan dealer for $38

my cost here is 35$ i was quoting list price so people weren't upset when they went to nissan and were quoted double lol

That's pretty good, that the online dealer only charges $3 above your cost though. My dealer back home gave me everything for 20% off list, but that was back home, now I order from Rob.

Not bad, it's nice that we have that ability to get parts for our wd's still. I get a good deal cause I'm employed by nissan lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So I got my polybushings in today...... strut rod kit is wrong .... says it's for a 240z.... Hope they can get me the right ones quick.. need to get this one done this coming weekend

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk