Looking for manuals.

Guest devinl

Lookin to get some tech manuals for 97 pathy.

Hayne's was suggested, but someone also told me that Hayne's let them down and I should go for Helm's or Nissan Tech manuals. Just looking for opinions here. You had a good or bad experience with any of these manuals? Can you justify dropping almost 200 bucks on Nissan's book over the 12.95 of Haynes? Any advice here would help. Thanks, I'm a total grease newb.

I found that nothing comes close to an original factory service manual. I always have that thrown into a deal when I buy a new car but for those of you who bought used... EBAY!

• 3 weeks later...

Im new here so Hi all. I figure this might be a good way to make a good impression

Go here to download the service manual for your Pathfinder

Owners manuals (1996 to 2005):

http://www.Nissan-techinfo.com/Nissan/dept...sp?dept%5Fid=36

<http://www.Nissan-techinfo.com/Nissan/deptog.asp?dept%5Fid=36>

Just choose and download the zipped file (size is from 1,5 to 2 Mb)

Rgds,

Jason

Edited by mzxtreme

I found that nothing comes close to an original factory service manual. I always have that thrown into a deal when I buy a new car but for those of you who bought used... EBAY!

OMG! That's a great idea! :clap: I didn't know you can ask for a service manual with a car...

Dang...All this time I've been relying on Haynes too... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

The only bookmark it's allowing me to download is the General information. I'm getting a message saying that the rest of the bookmarks don't exist. (all the meaty ones)

I'm trying to get the 1995 s.m.

Thanks for posting this up btw.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

• 7 months later...

nah.. was looking for a diagram of the wiring harness I removed when I took apart the front of my truck. Had to do a big search just to find the manuals online. Perhaps these links should be pinned

• 1 month later...

I just want to take a second to thank merlinx for the posting for the service manual sites. And I want to let 1997 Pathy owners that I have a copy of the 1997 Service manual in a file that I can try to email to members that are interested in getting a copy of the 1997 manual. Drop me a line at fluorescent_black@hotmail.com with Pathfinder Manual in the subject line, and I will try to check my mail daily and reply to you with a copy of my file. You will need to have a copy of Adobe Reader 6.0 to view the file, and about 40MB of inbox space. Hope this will work.

Pathfinder Rookie

• 3 months later...

I just want to let the people that have emailed me, and the ones that read the above post, that i am unable to email the shop manual for the 1997 pathfinder. I am having troubles attaching the file and emailing it. Im really sorry for this, it was intended to be an easier and quicker way to share my information. Sorry once again.

Pathfinder Rookie

You can use http://www.yousendit.com/ to send a large file via e-mail ;)

It is an entirely web based interface and that allows file attachments of up to 1GB in size. The interface sends an email with a link to download the file. Since the file is never actually sent to the recipients email server it cannot be rejected for being to big.. you email provider is never used so they cannot stop you for sending it due to the size :aok:

The only bookmark it's allowing me to download is the General information. I'm getting a message saying that the rest of the bookmarks don't exist. (all the meaty ones)

+1,not working for me either

• 2 years later...

Alright, the links in this thread seem to be dead. Does anyone happen to have a PDF copy, or any other way they can shoot me over a Service Manual. I'm dismantling my truck this weekend, and would LOVE to have the Service Manual before I start.

I think those are .rar files which can be decompressed with a free utility if you don't already have it. If you ned them in a .zip format, let me know and I'll check to see if I have your year's manual and host it temporarily for you to download.