What tires do you run in the winter?

thorpe991

So right now I'm running green diamond Icelander mt and I couldn't be happier but just wondering what you guys run doing the winter o and this is my second winter with Icelanders last winter they were on my gmc

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Edited by thorpe991

Just put on some Goodyear Authority LT31x10.5R15 and they are doing me just fine. They are not nearly as nice as a good set of Firestone Winterforce though in my opinion. My 2wd Frontier was an animal in the snow with four of those

Whatever is mounted on my winter wheels. If it's a set of 4 matching ones, that's usually a myrical in itself :lol:

I am pretty sure it IS a set of 4 firestone destination a/ts though right now...

the same Canadian tire brand "moto master All Terrain" AT's 245/70/16 that I run in the summer. they are ok in snow but suck on hard pack and ice. I have to drive very conservatively as they don't stop well. I leave plenty of space between me and the guy in front. I tend to drive in 4Hi when there is lots of hard pack as traction is limited. still doesn't help the stopping though.

the next set of tires I get will be snow flake rated!

Nice nice the green diamonds are 32/10.5/16 and are a m+s tire they have the granules in the tread so they are really good in hard pack

I would highly recommend them but I know the guy who makes them is not that good of a businessman and doesn't follow thrue with orders when they have to be shipped but if you are local to the corning Elmira area or are willing to travel he will make the tires and meet you at a spot to pick the tires up and that is when you pay him

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Same tires as summer, Radar RLT-8 (31x10.5). They're adequate on hard pack but they seem a little quick to load up in deeper stuff.

I haven't gotten stuck with them yet, but I'm not sure if that's because they're good or because I haven't found the right kind of snow.