Wiper Fluid Reservoir leak

PamPoovey

I used some blue sealant last time by Loctite found in the automotive section at Walmart -that worked... for 3 months. Now I've got a leak again. Any suggestions what I should use for longer sealant? Is there something in the wiper fluid that is slowly disolving the seal?

It's where the motor is inserted into the plastic, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had this issue so you know where I speak of.

Get a new grommet from Nissan if its a bad seal there. If the seal inside the pump went then u can try and re-seal it inside the pump or buy a new pump. Pretty common from my experience. New grommet from Nissan shouldn't be too much.<10$ I would think.

Edited by Nefarious

I had a leak in the same place. I imagine the rubber hardens and shrinks with age. I just glopped a bunch of rubber cement all over the gasket, stuck it back in, stuck the pump back into it, and haven't had an issue with it since.

Or you could do it right and get a new gasket, but where's the fun in that?

Or you could do it right and get a new gasket, but where's the fun in that?

LMAO I'm not having fun pulling off the old blue sealer I used, blech

I'm fine with resealing the gromit. It looks fine, it's flexible. I just want to re-seal it and not have to do it again in 3 or so months.

So what's the best sealant?

after I got 98% of the prior sealant off, i discover that the leak is coming from the pump itself. :/ There's quite a thin rubber ring there.

And I was also wrong by the sealant brand, it's Permatex -two fails in one thread! :FartExplode-vi:

I had a similar issue with my Pathy - except it already had a 3rd party pump on it. Ended up getting a new tank with both pumps attached from the JY for $15. :) Very easy swap, since you have to pull the reservoir anyway.

Nissan lets you go either way, they provide the complete washer motor with the motot to tank seal already attached, or the motor to tank seal as a seperate part.

28920-V5002 MOTOR-WASH $32.40

28921-50Y00 PACKING-WASH $4.33