hesitation

LOVELADY

Agreed with the above. I have pulled spark plugs out with .100" gap (electrode basically burned away) and the Pathfinder still run fine so I am certain that is not the issue.

Also, the gap should be .032" (32 thousandths of an inch), not .32". Just clarifying...

B

I looked under my hood last night while it was dark cuz that's when I got home and and while she was running I saw the spark plug wires lighting up just the wires are they suppose to do that and if not could this be the problem

Yes, if the plug wires are bad they can be arching against metal and the engine will lose power , this is what I said previously happened to me in my sentra, time for new wires, when you change them I would pick up a small tube if dielectric grease, squirt some into the end that goes over the plug, it will make them easier to get off

Next time .

What's the brand? Where did you get them? Are they the best, highest resistance wire's available? Might need to get a refund and get from a different supplier..they shouldn't glow/spark off the wire and with the boot covering plugs you shouldn't be able to see the spark there either..

Take the wires back and order a set of ngk wires. Ngk wires are the only thing comparable to oem. Glowing wires are not good. I ordered my ngk wires online for around 65$ if I remember correctly. I would also finish your tune up.

Clean the maf, change fuel filter to a 199X 300zx fuel filter(3 years is old for a fuel filter), regap your spark plugs to .34-.36, hold your air filter to the sky, if u can't see a lot of light through it, then replace it.

You should also check your grounds. You can physically check them to see if they are broken but best thing to do is use a multimeter and do resistance tests from various metal points on your truck. Missing/weak grounds will cause all sorts of issues and is basically free to fix.

If you find more than 1 ohm between any two metal points, you have grounding issues. You want no resistance in the ground circuit of your truck and its surprising how many times this is the problem on older vehicles. Also check your vacuum lines. There are only a few on the drivers side of the engine bay.

.034-.036 is not a large gap. my 240sx requires .040-.042 gap. i run .036 on my vg as I found it runs better there and has slightly better fuel mileage.

a z32 fuel filter is the same price as any other one and it has a massively increased flow path and better filtration. I use z32 fuel filters for all of my vehicles. they last a lot longer and will allow for more fuel flow when later power upgrades take place

Edited by Nefarious

Oh, my bad! I didn't even notice I lost some zeros up there.10 hours of second year industrial automation technologist program and I'm pretty shot for numbers and math during the evenings of the weekdays. Lol.

Edited by Nefarious