How many Toyotas can we get stuck?

SilverPath

Now there's a group of people that doesn't understand principles of torque multiplication. Although I must say I was glad to see the Tundra get out. I kept thinking of how my heart would be in my throat if that was my truck. The other 'Yotas are beaters, but that was $35k+ of rolling stock there. I hope he was peeling out heading to a car wash. . .

So much fail there, I am ashamed that they drive yota's! :doh:

But, as for 35K, sorry but if you go about things like that your going to get in trouble.

Something to consider, yota's tend to get build way more than Nissan's and you really can't judge them by appearance of a youtube vid. They could have a whole lot of cash invested in them. Even a heavily built truck is all but useless if it does not have good direction at the controls.

Plus, why would they continue to pull along the wet sand part instead of moving up to dry area. Had enough angle to do so.

Bah, thats why if your gonna play in the sand on the beach. Stay away from the water at least.

Wet sand = hard pack and traction.

Surf sand = erosion and sink.

Lifted ≠ 4x4

Toyota ≠ good

Lifted Toyoya in surf sand = stuck

Lifted Toyoya stuck in surf sand = idiot driver

Idiot driver = stuck

It all breaks down to the math...

I couldn't tell, but I'm not sure that I saw sand tires or even properly aired down tires. If those earlier gen Toyotas were 4x4, in 4wd, could actually start, in gear with decent, aired down tires they would have walked on out of there. They are plenty light enough for beach duty...

B

• Like 1

Yeah they are 4WD, until the Prerunner came out Toyota never made a "tall" 2WD (at least not in NA) Tires don't appear to be aired down.

Seen it on the beach so many times, people with 4WD mentality (I have a 4WD I can go anywhere and do anything). They don't air down and they get on it, then wonder why their trucks are sitting on the frames and won't go anywhere!

"[insert truck make here]'s SUCK, they get stuck climbing a curb, I'll never buy another [insert model here] !"

"Good" I say, people like you give the rest of us a bad name... go get yourself a Civic or Miata ( :D ) P...