Anyone know this truck?

3rdtimesacharm

Morningwould's truck was silver and was not bobbed in the back last time I saw a it or a picture of the truck. Don't know about now, and not sure if that is his truck or not.

It looks like a WA State plate on the front and the truck is noticibly different, if it is his.

NPORA-TOTM-SEP-10.jpg

Although I don't know who has this, I must say that's a sexy rig, love the rear end chop looks like the first that touches is the wheels, can't say too much more without more details but it looks good. would be heavily interested in the build thread as well, currious to see how it was done.

Although I don't know who has this, I must say that's a sexy rig, love the rear end chop looks like the first that touches is the wheels, can't say too much more without more details but it looks good. would be heavily interested in the build thread as well, currious to see how it was done.

It's bobbed, usually on a truck bed though and approach/departure angle is what it is all about :aok:

I believe that it is a RC truck as you can see to much light through the body in places there shouldn't be. Just my guess.

Where?

So I was sure that was not an RC, jsut to many things that look real, even for a scale truck. But some RC's are done VERY well, so I set out to find more about it (see below)

The truck in the first post looks like it is based off a Hardbody, look at where the fuel door is that is open

I noticed that as well, but then also noticed that the back is not a bed and does appear to be a 2dr Pathy cab. I imagine they installed a HB tank in the stock HB location and decided to duplicate the fuel door. Seem like a lot of work for a trail truck, but :shrug:

Anyway, as mentioned above, here is some of what I found out about it (BTW, this is not Morningwoods truck)...

http://crawlernews.com/2010/01/nissan-to-moonbuggy-build/#more-1282

Nissan Rock Crawl Buggy

As one modifies their rig to tackle progressively more difficult trails the desire to take it to the next level will push some of us farther than others.It started off with a stock 1987 Nissan Pathfinder 4×4 XE which I planned to us for mild overnight excursions exploring trails. Like most off-road newbs, it started with a basic IFS lift kit and some lockers. However, in a matter of weeks this became wholly inadequate as the rock crawling bug took over.With each trip out, carnage and body damage dictated what was to be chopped off or beefed up and the Pathfinder evolved to include a linked Dana 44 solid axle swap, 35″ boggers, t-case gears, back-halved rear, and full exo cage.

picture0501-150x150.jpgth_img_12341-150x120.jpgpacifier1-150x150.jpg

At this point the total lack of creature comforts and frequent carnage made towing to the trail more appealing.And, without street legal restrictions, I could take the design to the limit.With only my little Nissan pickup to tow it with, the plan was to make the rig as small and light as possible. Also, I hoped a lighter buggy would relieve me of more snapped shafts on the already seasoned Dana 44 and Nissan H233b axles. Essentially, I wanted to rearrange all the existing parts into a low, compact and simple buggy without spending anything on new parts.

img_1286-150x150.jpgimg_1308-150x150.jpgimg_1356-150x150.jpg

As the Nissan was reduced to bare bones, it wasn’t clear what this thing was going to look like.But, as the frame was sectioned and narrowed and the engine set at and angle to make room for the single 14″ Kirkey racing seat it was just a matter of staring at it long enough and building the 1.5x.120″ DOM cage around the divers seat before it took shape. Arranging places for the radiator, steering column, pedals, gas tank, and steering box took some thought, but they were all able to get reused. To get the wheels turing the proper direction with the rear engine arrangement the axles were flipped. That meant vent holes, fill plugs, knuckles, and bracketry all needed to be relocated from top to bottom.

picture984-150x150.jpgpicture987-150x150.jpgpicture988-150x150.jpg

Utilizing existing parts and keeping things simple got this bare bones crawler rolling again in no time. So, off to Calico’s Gatekeeper, located just outside Barstow Ca, for a test run. Expectations were high and a crowd began to form as my turn came up to tackle the infamous waterfall. The buggy’s insane stability gives you the confidense to try the most extreme lines without fear and the unrestricted visibility eliminates the need for a spotter. But, these advantages did me no good that day as the buggies light weight did not allow the 35″ Boggers to grip the coarse sandstone, even aired down to just a few psi. In the end I was left with a snapped stub shaft and a few lessons learned.

I wonder if he ever thought after all his hardwork, "One day people will see a pic of my truck and try to really figure out if it's an r/c model...hmmm" I actually did kind of start thinking it was an r/c too. Its like somehow the photographer used a wierd lens speed and it threw off the size / spacial relativity of the truck and surrounding environs.

I saw it a long time ago.

I think theres two brothers/relative/lovers? that have a exocage one and a truggy.

I think this was on NOR or something though. GG may know whom I'm talking about because I've brought it up before.