Road trip honeymoon!

bushnut

So yea! I'm getting married September 7th. Then heading on a 4week long road trip to the Canadian Maritimes. The wife, dog and I will be traveling through Northern Ontario, Quebec, NewBrunswick and maybe NovaScotia.

We thought that meeting up with NPORA members along the way would be cool. It is a road trip and we might as well have interesting stops along the way. You guys have helped me out lots and It would be nice to put a face to some of the comments/questions and responses.

And if things go sideways, I might be able to call in some help when the truck dies on the side of the HWY. :doh:

We'll be traveling mostly on Hwy 1. stopping in Montreal for a couple of days, Then on to see my brother in Quebec city to do some camping north of there. Then on to the maritimes. We will be hitting up Mt.Carleton provincial park in NB for sure as well as some spots along the coast.

Mostly we're about bush camping with few restrictions/neighbours and I hate paying for camping.

If anyone has a neat place to go see or camp out at along the way send me a line or directions. this is a mostly fly by the seat of the pants planned trip.

We'll have the laptop along but with sporadic interweb access.

I'll try and document our trip for a photo journal.

thanks again

this last year of Pathy ownership has been great, and this forum has been most helpful.

the only way I know how to pay it forward is to share what I've learned with others.

CRAP that sounds sappy.

Pm me if you'd like to meet up on our Easterly trip.

Bushnut

AKA: Jon

• Like 2

Congrats on the wedding, great idea for a honeymoon. :aok:

I drove from Calgary to Montreal in the early 1990's, great trip, the road around the lakes (Thunder Bay, etc) is just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your pics of the trip. :jig:

Ya! I'm really looking forward to the trip. I think the colours of the trees will be in full change when we are on our way. that road around the lakes is awesome. none of that interstate 4 lane bull crap. just 2 lane black top running through hill country, with no civilization anywhere near you. only 1 road east or west. makes me giddy just thinking about it.

It'll be all luxurious being in an auto car, seeing as I've hitch hiked that stretch a few times in my life. It's a very lonely road.

You should take the scenic route through Algonquin Park on your way through Ontario into Quebec. Its a stellar ride and lots of great spots to stop and take in the view...I took the detour coming back home from the Muskokas once...just watch for Moose :)

Camping in Northern Qc is going to be great this time of year. PM me when you're heading through Montreal.

Congrats on getting hitched ;)

^ Totally agree, that is a very nice drive. I have done it many times with my pathy, actually my avatar picture is from my last trip up that way in the fall a couple years ago. I'm in Ottawa, not sure if you'll be blowing through here, but if you want to meet up, that'd be cool.

I'm sure you're truck will do just fine, just make sure your timing belt is up to date, not much else to go wrong really.

And Congrats.

Edited by adamzan

Thanks guys. Unlike most Canadians I actually like driving through North Ontario. I just have to listen to Harvest Moon while I do it.

We'd love to meet up with you guys, either on the way east or on the way back. Stopping for a couple of beers and meeting new people is what a road trip is all about.

Pm me your Phone #s as that is the most direct way to get hold of you. (the interweb availability may be spotty, No Smert Phone.)

Timing belt, alt belt and fan, water pump were all done 11 months ago!

just need Oil change and alignment before we head out.

Edited by bushnut