new 33 bfgs A/t. with and without fenders , what do ya think?

Whoa! That looks awesome! I think the flares add a nice flair to it... :lol:

Personally, I would keep the flares on...the truck looks more...uhmnn...complete. I always wanted to put flares on my Pathy but never found them at the price I wanted them.

Then again, if you're going to do some heavy wheelin' keep them off and save them a nasty death. Them 33's look gnarly!

• Like 1

I too like the look with the flares on it. If you are going to wheel it, though, I'd keep them off. I removed mine because my knobby tires chewed them up when the wheels were fully flexed.

X2 with what everybody else has said.

are you running wheel spacers? if not what are those wheels and lets have a photo of the clearance at the strut spring perch.

MB tko from discounttiredirect.com. perhaps one of the best companys ive ever dealt with..

The rims come with a cover that you can leave off or leave on and remove when you want to access your locking hubs for a day of wheelen, its held on by two bolts that remove with standard allen wrench i keep in glove box. easy enuff for me..

IMG_20130704_184329_zps0bb38044.jpgIMG_20130704_184450_zps7e9f8718.jpg

IMG_20130704_184450_zps7e9f8718.jpg

Edited by captandy

so did your '04 come with 15" rims? if that's the case, that means the R50 comes with either 15,16 or 17 inch rims? I'm very confused now. :blink:

I've read of people grinding the front brake calliper to make a 15" rim fit on an R50.

Why NISSAN WHY?

That is exactly why I went from the stock 16 inch wheels to the el'cheapo 15 inchers.

I've read of people grinding the front brake calliper to make a 15" rim fit on an R50.

Why NISSAN WHY?

I didn't have to grind my calipers when I first installed my steelies. It was when I had my rotors and pads changed that baffled my mechanic/friend.

I like the flares especially on the 2nd gen R50s :)

Hey Capt, are you planning to do any wheeling? I ask because under flex as DW said you'll likely rub the fender flares. In fact, I had to do a bit of front bumper trimming to clear my 32s even on the streets.

BTW, if you don't mind can you measure how tall the 33s are with the tape measure? I'm curious because my 32s are really 31s when installed.

Looks good either way , but I like it a bit better with the flares .

Questions on your lift as it's just the height I'm looking to attain .

This the "normal" AC kit with their new front spacers and no rear spacers , giving it the level front to back look ?

Did you use the camber adjustment kit and was there any problem with camber adjustment using the front spacers ?

How is the on road handling compared to stock ?

Personal opinion if it were mine would be keep the flares on, you can hide some clearancing behind them sometimes and keep a clean more factory look. And I'd leave the centers off the wheels too, I like those better without them. Might just be me but they look a little 'after-thoughty'

• Like 1

good points.i love hearing from other obssessed guys ..makes me feel not so unique!beatup.. this is "normal" ac lift with additional spacers,hence the level kit. I got so frustrated with "generic" alighnmentments that i spent an extra 100 and took it to a local shop who really took their time and i have to say WELL worth it as i feel like i got a real alignment and i can feel the difference. Used the camber bolts and could not do without according to them..

IMG_20130627_153444_zps1663f67b.jpg

Edited by captandy

good points.i love hearing from other obssessed guys ..makes me feel not so unique!beatup.. this is "normal" ac lift with additional spacers,hence the level kit. I got so frustrated with "generic" alighnmentments that i spent an extra 100 and took it to a local shop who really took their time and i have to say WELL worth it as i feel like i got a real alignment and i can feel the difference. Used the camber bolts and could not do without according to them..

IMG_20130627_153444_zps1663f67b.jpg

I was just thinking, "How do you fish from this thing??"

But then i realized, "oh yeah, lift kit, duh! Just drive into the lake"

hahah

I didn't know you can put additional 1" lift after the 2" lift. COOL!! If not to trouble can you post the angle of the CV half shaft? Just curious how its sitting after the 1" lift install with 2" lift already done.

Much appreciated

Edited by mrkim_

Thanks for the info captandy .

Funny thing , I've got the same boat seat .

But the back of my truck hasn't looked that clean since about 2001.... :laugh:

Edited by Beatup96

Very nice Capt.! I've got the same color and model (04 SE) so your choices give me a lot to look at. I'd vote fenders on, just because I like the subtle look, and love it when I catch guys doing doble takes or straining their neck once they realize that she's lifted and well suited for trails.

I too would love to see a pic of the CVs. I've been debating SFD (which is committing the rig to a whole new world) or just gaining another 1" with fleury's front and rear spacers. But I anticipate that wreaking havoc on my CVs. As it goes, I'm probably going to have to buy a new strut as my driver side is just all out of sorts.

It's always fun to watch these threads blow up when one guy's mods sit perfect and the rest of us are scrambling to keep up. :laugh:

Nicely done all around!