95 nissan pathfinder center console lid.

fearkobe

Has anyone ever fixed the center console lid where it just stays shut so it doesnt pop open everytime you hit a bump? i went to the nissan dealer to see if they have a new replacement part to keep the lid shut but they say they dont make it anymore and to replace the lid it was 85 bucks and all i need is that little peice to hold it shut. has anyone did a fix on this? thanks.

I know mine has magnets to keep it closed. I dont know if the newer ones had a latch or piece to close it but the magnets seem to work fine.

Edited by Bubbley11

@bubbley thats a really good idea. Rare earth magnets out of a hard drive or something would probably work really well.

I'm making a trip back upstate to my apartment for school in the next week or so, and they have a kickass pick n pull up there. If you want i could see if any of the pathys there have the part still. Is it just the little clip type thing you need?

+1 on the magnets. Mine was the same way, always popping open because of the flogged out clips. I took the clips out, epoxied a hard drive magnet to the bottom and a smaller magnet to the top (a good chunk of steel would probably work just as well), and it works great. No rattling, no popping open, and it gives me a great place to remagnetize screwdrivers when I'm working on it. :D Doesn't seem to affect my phone or ipod either, but I'm not planning to set my laptop over it.

x3 on the magnets. I haven't had to do it on mine, but I have used the same idea on different applications. I'm probably going to a P&P tomorrow so I'll see if I can round some of those pegs up...

B

• 1 month later...

I have procured one whole little peg/clip/thingy.

fearkobe if you want it pm me your address and i'll try and send it out in an envelope (my friends have gotten jolly ranchers through in envelopes before, so this shouldnt be a problem)

if not then it will be up for grabs, i dont have a use for it

Good luck on trying to find that clip, I couldn't find one at any of the junkyards when mine broke but this is how I fixed mine, stay's closed works perfect :

flat head Phillips screw (type doesn't matter, I used the screw I used because it had a big flat head)

s5ekhz.jpg

Strong magnet, this is one of those rare earth magnets, I picked it up from Radio Shack for another project, and a piece of metal riveted to the base of the console to hold the magnet, the magnet is strong enough to stay on the metal when the lid is opened:

2gv6exz.jpg