Best comfort shocks?

I have to drive on this very unmaintained road to go to work and my new rancho RS5000's just transfer every bump to the entire chassis..... are there any other options to make the ride more comfortable on the street? On the highway its great and smooth and the body doesn't bounce like it did with the old OEM ones but since I live 4 miles from work, I need something that's more compliant...... thanks

I agree with trogdor. (I always recommend Rancho, ProComp or Bilstein) Procomp shoudl be a little softer but still last a log time

Bilstein are the only other brand i would reccomend in this case but they will probaby be to firm for you as well.

i just bought procomps for my pathy gotta return them cause the front ones are bouncy when i hit dips. almost lost control on a back road cause the front end wont stop bouncing up and down.

If you want super comfy get monroe sensa tracs.

I have never run those on a truck, but I will say from personal experience they are GREAT on Toyota camrys and Nissan Altimas.

I have the standard Monroe shocks on my truck but I run Ford bronco II shocks up front and Ford f350 shocks in the rear. I have a 3" torsion crank and 3" lift VIA jeep grand Cherokee 5.9 litre springs. My truck rides extremely nice town the road. I also run 33s so that probably absorbs more of the road but it drives really controlled and really comfortable. No bouncing of any kind and it absorbs the bumps like nothing. If I go 15 km/h over speed bumps I don't even really feel them. Been rocking this for 2 years of city and off-road driving. Love the setup and it was cheap.

:lol: I misread and thought you were asking about socks! I was gonna tell you about my super comfy ones I got off the Snap-On truck!

Comfy SHOCKS I had a nice ride from ProComps (i 'think' they were 3000s but cant honestly remember enough i would say i was completly positive)on a HB in the past

I have the standard Monroe shocks on my truck but I run Ford bronco II shocks up front and Ford f350 shocks in the rear. I have a 3" torsion crank and 3" lift VIA jeep grand Cherokee 5.9 litre springs. My truck rides extremely nice town the road. I also run 33s so that probably absorbs more of the road but it drives really controlled and really comfortable. No bouncing of any kind and it absorbs the bumps like nothing. If I go 15 km/h over speed bumps I don't even really feel them. Been rocking this for 2 years of city and off-road driving. Love the setup and it was cheap.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search/Shocks!s!Struts/C0077/C0035.oap?year=1995&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&vi=1212017&mn=Monroe&mc=MON

Which ones would you recommend?

:lol: I misread and thought you were asking about socks! I was gonna tell you about my super comfy ones I got off the Snap-On truck!

Comfy SHOCKS I had a nice ride from ProComps (i 'think' they were 3000s but cant honestly remember enough i would say i was completly positive)on a HB in the past

LOL I'm always down for more socks! hahah why wash them when you can just buy new ones? hahah...

I've heard mixed reviews on the PC3K's and that they don't have the dust boot is kinda annoying..... i want to be able to hit those road humps at 30+ mph and not notice haha i can do that now with my rancho 5000's but on the street it finds every crack and crease and makes it sound like i've fallen off a cliff...

I bought Pro Comps in a "kit" at 4 Wheel Parts like this one.....

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/4-Pro-Comp-ES3000-shocks-with-4-black-shock-boots.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=S%2fDShockingES3000

Cheaper than the 5000's and came with the dust boots. Plus you can dust boots seperately, not sure why itd be annoying if they didnt come with them.....

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/Shock-Boot.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=4139&t_pn=EXP11127

Following this topic, but I'm also in the market for new shocks. Still have the factory ones onboard and one of them is leaking. Any other suggestions for rough road driving with some off road usage would be good. I'd prefer to be able to pick them up cheaply online or get them from O'Reilly auto parts (I get a discount there).

If you want super comfy get monroe sensa tracs.

Can the stock replacements be run with a suspension lift ?

I'm looking at P/N: 58627 for rear and 37100 for front

Do you have the part numbers for the shocks ?

I just mounted KYB Gas-A-Justs on my 94 Pathfinder two months ago. The ride is smooth and stable. Bought them as a 4 shock set from Justsuspension.com for about $160 delivered to my front door.

I was looking at the Ranchos but my Explorer has the 5000s and the ride is a little unforgiving on rutted roads, the Gas-A-Just are smooth as butter.

Good luck!

I use Monroe's or kyb's on my stock vehicle's. I dislike rancho I just threw away a set of 9000's , second set they are garbage. Rancho in my opinion is crap. I have a set of bilstein's now and are a lot better.