Lift kit installed

nige

I finally got the t-bars reindexed and the front alignment, but not before having to put in 2 tie rod ends and a new lower balljoint. I also did the CV boots as they were both cracked. The one joint has some minor rust on it, but it doesn't make any racket when I put it in 4wd. THe front end went WAY up, and now it has the stance of a baja truck. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can squeeze a little more lift from the rear? The spare tire carrier weighs the back down, and the shocks may be at the end of their travel. I was thinking about trying some thicker coil spring isolators instead of buying new shocks. I picked up some urethane jobs from energy suspension, but I don't think they make them any taller than what I got.

O.K. here's a side view, post lift:

sideviewpostlift4ee.jpg

here's a shot of the rear axle:

dsiderearview5fb.jpg

and the front end just for kicks:

passifsfrontview9vd.jpg

These are the spring seats I used:

isol_a.gif

Along with a link to the page (the thickness of "D" doesn't vary anymore than 1/4")

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/sboots.html

Don't you love what road salt does to cars?

Here are the before/after shots:

Rear view -pre lift

rearviewprelift2jl.jpg

Rear view -post lift

rearviewpostlift5tk.jpg

Front -pre lift

frontprelift7aa.jpg

Front -post lift

frontpostlift3gv.jpg

Rear -pre lift

rearprelift9vh.jpg

Rear -post lift

rearpostlift1kj.jpg

Here are the parts I used c/o 88pathoffroad

UCA's (Automotive Customizers -keep the comments to yourself 88 :D

ucas6fx.jpg

And the rear coils, again c/o 88path, are Calminis. You can see them in the prev. photos.

here's a front shot too:

front6ch.jpg

The front end feels alot more secure, and responsive after the T-Bar reindex, while the rear is a little stiffer. The body roll has been cut down despite the increased height, probably because my old springs were very saggy and beat. Overall, i'm pleased with the upgrades, yet i'd still like to figure out a way to get more height out of the back.

Looks good, just a shame you didn't use like a ruler or tape to show the difference in ride height a little clearer. I know it's hard to get the same camera angle, etc. Obviously sittin' taller ~ 3" BL and on go the 33's, eh ? :aok:

And what's that white crap in the first shot ? Move south, my man... sly

Edited by hardwaretoad

dude... you better do something about all that rust!

its everywhere!

sabotage the city's salt trucks is all I can think of right now. I swear they go out with 1cm of snowfall. Ontario has THE worst drivers i've ever seen. They also bitch and complain about the road conditions when they need to use thier heads and slow the *my "vocabulary" is so small* down, or get rid of thier bald-hiney summer tires and get some snows. I've spent alot of time underneath with a wire brush and a can of black spraypaint, but it just keeps coming back :angry: I though about getting it undercoated, but i'm worried that it'll trap moisture behind any leftover flakes I missed. I just did the spot over the rear wheel last spring and it's holding up pretty good so far. I'm going down to Florida in a few weeks, so maybe I can have it done down there while I sit on the beach, surfcast and drink some coors gold.

Just buy the rubberized undercoatting spray and use it in place of theblack spray paint. It won't scratch or wear off as easily.

I used that last spring, and some is starting to flake. Granted, this is at the carwash using pressure to blow the mud off, but still. Once it starts to peel, its done.

My brother takes his in for Krown treatments every spring and fall. It costs him 120 bucks each time, but his car is spotless! and i mean everywere. He does drive it here and there in the snow, but i'm impressed on how well this stuff works. THey say you can bring the car to them in any (well almost) condition, and this stuff will stop whatever you have. I really want to move south though like H.W.T. told me, but i'd have enough trouble getting a working visa and all the paperwork baloney. I wish that canada owned one of those islands in the caribbean. I really do hate the winter here.

yeah, for once i'd like to go out there without the intent of coming home after a snowboarding trip. i love it out there :cool2:

They seemed pretty sturdy and snug to me... :shrug: It may have been the new bushings that aaron put into them. The alignment is still off a little (pulls to the left) the mechanic told me that after reindexing the t-bars, it's quite difficult to get it perfect, so i guess i'll have to put up with the odd sterring correction on a level road.

Yah, thats the same kinda probmlem I had with em. It appeared to me, that if you didn't center that spline perfectly in the center of the Arm, you would never be able to get the alighnment right. Since the fit was so crappy on mine, it moved all over the place, just when tightening it down. Hence why I still think AC is crap. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

M.M.

I cut the bushings AND the sleeves down so they fit MUCH closer than they did when I got them. I also grooved and drilled the bushings for grease channels and drilled and tapped the grease fitting holes. That's why they work a little bit better than when you had them, MM.

I cut the bushings AND the sleeves down so they fit MUCH closer than they did when I got them. I also grooved and drilled the bushings for grease channels and drilled and tapped the grease fitting holes. That's why they work a little bit better than when you had them, MM.

thaks, you're such a sweetheart :lol:

hey we rust in the caribbean too, sea spray ain't nice to metal... but at least we dont kucfing freeze

Yup, but that humidity! And the sunshine might get you one day! :P At least here (in western WA) we only deal with freezing a few times a year, and it seems like sunshine only happens a few more times than that. Good job skrilla, how would you rate the difficulty of install? I'm looking at some A-arms at some point down the line, along with all ball joints and tie rod ends.

i did the balljoints by myself, but i didn't know about the bad tie rod ends, i just let the mechanic do them when I learned I needed new ones while he was aligning it. The coils were really simple to do because I took the truck to an audi/vw mechanic i met through my parents. He let me use his hoist and big jack, so the job went really easy. THe installation of the A-arms took a little more effort because I kept running into bolts that were rusted solid. The spindle mounting bolts were the toughest ones. I never was able to do the t-bar index by myself with my tools, so I opted to bite the bullet and take it to the mechanic for that. I'd like to do a small (2") body lift this spring, but I have a feeling that the job is going to be pretty tough without more knowledge and help. There isn't anyone in my town who's done one of these before, so it would be completely fresh for any of us. I suppose some of the jeep guys in town would know how to do it. :mellow: