Exhaust Systems...

HappyCarGuy

Decent price, too bad its only 2".

2.5" seems to be the perfect size for these trucks after headers and high flow filter.

Still, would be a nice system if you want oem fitment and more power. Million mile warranty isn't too shabby either!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:rofl:

I can make that happen if you insist :)

:doh:

Still, I agree with Adam, I was fearing worse. With that, a Magnaflow cat and Thorley headers you could have a no fuss full exhaust upgrade for about $1k. Not too bad, really...

Decent price, too bad its only 2".

2.5" seems to be the perfect size for these trucks after headers and high flow filter.

Still, would be a nice system if you want oem fitment and more power. Million mile warranty isn't too shabby either!

2" is adequate for modest gains, especially if you don't have headers or haven't done an intake mods. I'd recommend it for anyone with a rotting stock system.

B

• 2 weeks later...

ill try and get a sound clip video up for people to hear my setup. its low dollar and its not quiet but it sounds really nice. idle is a low growl, sounds quite v8-esque, and it screams up around 5-6k rpm. screams in a good way but its probably too loud for some people. i had a really noticeable power increase as well as gas mileage with my setup. for under 300$ said and done i can't complain. thats including new magnaflow cat, obx headers, and flowmaster muffler. the 2.5" pipe was only 8 bux at lordco and I already had the 2" pipe and 2" bends so that did impact the price.

i also get comments on its sound almost daily, doesnt sound like your average pathfinder that's for sure.

Edited by Nefarious

Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System for WD21

Production dates 08/89-10/95 (90-95 model years)

50 State Legal.

1 Million Mile Manufacturers Limited Warranty

2 inch diameter, 3 inch tip.

$415.00 (MSRP $515.00)

+ ship insured (about $20 give or take)

(compare that to $375 for a new stock muffler.)

They have two in stock.

I tried to get a price on this from the local dealer and he said they were all gone last month, must be he didn't want to deal with me anymore haha I wanted to replace mine as it is shot from the manifolds back. There isn't a real cheap replacement I've found yet either

After the headers, I built my own like nefarious. I went to crappy tire and bought cheap bends and welded them together. I still have the stock tailpipe but I haven't had time to finish it yet. I'm using a dynomax muffler. I actually find it fairly quiet. I thought it was going to be louder lol. Does sound like a v8 at idle though which is kinda sweet.

I tried to get a price on this from the local dealer and he said they were all gone last month, must be he didn't want to deal with me anymore haha I wanted to replace mine as it is shot from the manifolds back. There isn't a real cheap replacement I've found yet either

If you want one contact me, I wont blow you off like the local dealer.

Rob posted price above, but here it is again:

Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System for WD21

Production dates 08/89-10/95 (90-95 model years)

50 State Legal.

1 Million Mile Manufacturers Limited Warranty

2 inch diameter, 3 inch tip.

$415.00 (MSRP $515.00)

+ ship insured (about $20 give or take)

(compare that to $375 for a new stock muffler.)

They have two in stock.

If you want one contact me, I wont blow you off like the local dealer.

Thanks for the offer, just found a stock replacement at a decent price. The brand is International Muffler Co and the whole muffler and tailpipe assembly was shipped for under $67. Couldn't pass it up.