My mom died unexpected last week

MrJim

As the youngest of 5 children, I was often referred to as the baby when my Mom talked about me. We were very close and I had just spoken to her only days before she suddenly ended up in the hospital with her organs shutting down one by one. I spoke to her as I headed to the airport right away and she had passed away before my flight from Seattle could arrive in Georgia. I was thankful that I was able to speak to her one last time, but this has been a devastating time for me. She was very impressed by NPORA and what a great group of people where involved. She retold the story of how you all fought to get my Pathfinder back to me after my divorce with pride.

It would mean a lot to me to have as many members as possible say a few words in her memory at http://www.mclanefuneralservices.com/_mgxroot/page_10780.php

You can read her obituary and leave a short message on her guestbook. She was a really great lady and a wonderful mother to all of us.

Thanks Everyone!

MrJim

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I to was the baby and lost my mother. I was 13 at the time and even though I understood death I didn't understand the full impact of loosing my mother especially at such a young age.

Sending nothing but good thought your way. Hang in there...

• Like 1

Thank you. I appreciate it. She is one of those people who you can't help but smile and even laugh when you think about her. She had a great sense of humor right through to the last day. We were always playing practical jokes on one another and she was just as bad as any of us kids were about it. :) She was hiding a remote control fart machine under peoples chairs at the retirement home where she lived and would press the button during dinner to get a laugh out of everyone. She was 84. The memories of my mom are all good ones. The cruel reality that I will never be able to pick up the phone and hear her voice again is still very painful and fresh. She touched many lives.

• Like 2

Mr Jim,

I have read about you, sorry once more you have to face a difficult time. All my moral support and condolences from Trinidad.

Philippe.

• Like 1

You sound like you are very lucky to have had such a great relationship with your mom. I am sure that she would love for you to keep your sense of humor through this hard time and help to cheer up your family. I will be sending you positive vibes from South Carolina. Hang in there.

• Like 1

We are all here on borrowed time...Looks like the time you shared with your mother was a quality one. You are one of the few who had such good time with his mother, and this is also what makes the departure that much more difficult... My condolences to you and know that you are not alone... I will have a special thought for you today.

S.

• Like 1

Jim my condolences so sorry to hear about your loss I to lost my mom two years ago I also was the baby of the family I rushed to California from Iowa only to arrive to late. I guess when god calls you cant keep him waiting.I cryed till there was nothing left but to continue on as she would of wanted me to.And you do the same Jim I know how much it can hurt but you just keep your head up and my thoughts and prayers go out to you.GOD BLESS

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. I am doing better. I know that nothing was left unsaid and that she was prepared in every way for that day. We were very close and that is why I didn't know what gieving was until this week. I appreciate the kind words and support. She is remembered being funny and happy.

Hey All,

I wanted to thank you again for your amazing support and I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing great and that I am at total peace with everything now. I know that my mom lived her life preparing for the day that she would be called home to the next world and I know that she was looking forward to it with great excitement and anticipation. All of this has allowed me to see things much clearer since her death and of course I will always be sad that I cannot pick up the phone and hear her fun laugh, I know in the deepest parts of me that she is a place of joy and wonder now. I am reading a book called Proof of Heaven that is amazing and I recommend it to everyone. We are all connected and our biggest misconception in this life is thinking that we are alone. We are never alone and when we die it just frees us from this physical plane to experience a level of living that we can only begin to understand from where we are now. Knowing this, how can I be anything but overjoyed for my mom now?

This family that I have in NPORA has always been something amazing to me. I have friendships around the world with people I have never seen face to face and yet I feel their presence in my life all of the time. I appreciate each and every one of you and I hope that my words serve a bigger purpose for some of you in your lives too.

Life is Good!

Jim