New issues...

NissanNismoZ

Damn, I thought for sure it was that...

OK, here is another idea. Take it to a dyno shop. They can strap it down and actually monitor it while its running under load. When I used to tune turbo cars, a lot of things would be obvious when it was on the dyno that wasn't obvious on the road.

Once we had an air filter that looked perfectly new, but when it was under load the paper element wasn't glued correctly and was sucked flat against the intake hose restricting flow. And when it parked it went right back into "like new" shape. :laugh:

The closest dyno is well over 100mi away so that's out of the question ..but I will say it drives the same with the air filter off..

I'm lost now.. ill have the shop replace my o2 sensor when I get paid next Friday..as they screwed up my bung and I can't remove it now..

I'm definitely up for any ideas though..

Still offering the 10$ reward to anyone who can figure this gremlin out..

Edited by NissanNismoZ

Don't think its bad gas as this has been going on for two months and I've been through at least 3 tanks now.. I had also put seafoam in the tank to correct the bad gas if it were..thanks though!

Edited by NissanNismoZ

That's far. Taking it to a $20 emissions place with the rollers might net you some info if you have those in your county...

What about swapping out an ECU temporarily? Do you know anyone who might loan an ECU for a minute?

Oh, and try to return everything to a stock setting after trying them out. If you get no improvements altering the timing or swapping out a sensor, put it back the way it was before continuing. this way you can be sure that you didn't actually fix it last week but now the timing adjustment you made a month ago is screwing up the successful results.

Still think you should focus on the fuel though. A deteriorating problem means a gradual change. A bad sensor isn't ever gradual. Air, fuel, spark. You did check spark, right?

Remove the injectors and get them cleaned.

If you are feeling adventurous...

• Like 1

Swapped the ECM and..nothing.. it runs the same.. so I thought I would update the video.. it may give more.of an. Idea..

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb9/Nismo_Nissan_350Z/?action=view&current=VID_20120622_105654.mp4

I'm lost..hopefully going to try a new fuel filter on the engine bay

Ignore that video. Wow. Didn't realize how screwed up that video got after uploading...

The rpm needle does not jump nor does photobucket for android know how to properly upload a video..will upload another later..

Edited by NissanNismoZ

Hopped in it to get to work..running late and now i have to drive it like a stick shift..1st gear until 6k 2nd gear until 5k then hope it'll get back up to 55mph. I timed it and its 0-20mph in 15s

Pulled codes (think I did it right)

32 EGR function

14 Vehicle Speed Sensor

Uh..I know the EGR wouldn't.cause all this.....would it...?

Edited by NissanNismoZ

So Kyle94 told me to push on the bottom.of the EGR and watch what it does and it died.. so I kept playing with it, getting rougher with it and it finally idles correctly and accelerates better! Not how it used to but I thi thats nk that's what's wrong..:)

Exhaust gas recirculation... puts a little exhaust back into the intake for some reason. It's supposed to cut off under load, but if the hoses are dryrotted (mine were/are) it'll stick open... the mechanic who did my timing belt said the EGR was fluttering, so I taped/replaced a few lines and WD40'd the valves until they quit squeaking. It seemed to pick up a little bit... but nowhere near this kind of improvement!

Good to hear you finally found the problem! :) You might try doing the hoses before replacing/bypassing the whole unit.

All lines are brand new other than the deteriorating short one under the egr-bpt

That hose is shot O.o

But. I'm going to try Carb cleaner n a lot of air pressure and clean it out and hope for the best

M thanks all!!