Tire balancing beads ?

PaMountianbiker

Never used Airsoft pellets but I have Dyna Beads in my Toyota. Have had them in there for years and don't have any real complaints.

I can't say that they are perfect, but given that it's in a lifted, leaf sprung, short wheelbase mini-truck with a solid axle riding on 33x12.5's, I would say that they do a great job considering the task at hand.

I run dyna beads in my motorcycle tires and I love them. I never feel a vibration from when the tire is new to worn out. I have been wanting to try air soft pellets in my pathfinder’s tires. That way when I get mud sitting on the inside the rim I don't have to shake all the way home. The only problem I see would be with plugging a leak. I would think the beads would stick to the plug and make it majorly off balance. I guess I could just go home and add more beads.

James

I bought a set of wheels/tires with them but havent used them yet but it took quite a bit in all 5 of these...problem I have heard is hitting pot holes and taking a mile or 2 for it to "Rebalance" also slow speeds you can feel them...other then that tire shops hate them

The rare occasion I actually balance any of my tires (basicly if their going on something my wife drives :lol: ) I've not had the need to use more than normal pound on weights. I have plans of trying airsoft beads in my fronts but can't for the life of me remember where their at in my cluster-you-know-what of a garage at home.

With the air soft pellets watch what you buy. There are biodegradable pellets now. A little moisture in your tire and you will end up with a sticky blob.

James

That has to piss off the tire shops.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Red for the link.

Anyone know how to determine how many to use? I found one place that said 4 oz per tire for 33X10.5X15, does that sound correct? I'm thinking about getting ceramic beads but haven't heard about the airsoft beads, any advantage to using airsoft?

where i live it gets fairly cold so sometimes in the winter if you had any condensation in your tire all the beads can freeze in one spot, so i highly recommend just a touch of anti freeze 50/50 with the install of the beads. Not a whole lot of people do that, but a few i found do.

Pat

Edited by fixinto